• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New York Hotels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhere edgy, what about the Bronx?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      Somewhere edgy, what about the Bronx?
      Yeah, south bronx is lovely this time of year ...

Best resource to use is citysearch. For pretty much everything - hotels, bars, food etc.

http://newyork.citysearch.com/find/s..._visitors.html

Give us an idea of what kind of trip you're after and it'll be easier to suggest an area to base yourself in. They're all quite different, resulting in a very different experience.

Don't mean to knock mid town to much, but for me it's the kind of default super bland area to base yourself. There are much more interesting areas IMO in all directions.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        (And please don't listen to anyone who suggests a hotel near times square).
        Why ever not? If you want touristy gimmicks and a view of the flashy lights it's perfect.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I like the look of the Leggat fireproof Hotel

http://www.fadingad.com/blog/bob_kisken/008kisken.jpg
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Why ever not? If you want touristy gimmicks and a view of the flashy lights it's perfect.
            It's minging. Easy to get there for your obligatory 2 hour crowd crush, get some snaps then bugger off but as an area to base yourself - no way. Avoid it like the plague; You'll pay more, it's way too busy, the restaurants around there are overpriced and geared for tourists.

Actually, depending on how long you're going check out craigslist for short term apartment rentals.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              It's minging. Easy to get there for your obligatory 2 hour crowd crush, get some snaps then bugger off but as an area to base yourself - no way. Avoid it like the plague; You'll pay more, it's way too busy, the restaurants around there are overpriced and geared for tourists.

Actually, depending on how long you're going check out craigslist for short term apartment rentals.
              Sounds idea for the American equivalent of "Can you tell me the way to Lie cester square and the Angus Steakhouse"

Comment

It's only 5 or 6 days. Budget is about US260 I think, needs to be not too far from the Sheraton Hotel New York & Towers 811 7th Avenue 53rd Street.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                  It's only 5 or 6 days. Budget is about US260 I think, needs to be not too far from the Sheraton Hotel New York & Towers 811 7th Avenue 53rd Street.
                  Umm why not that one then. Or the other one across the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                    Try the "Ameritania" - If it's still called that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      Umm why not that one then. Or the other one across the road.
                      I think I would prefer more boutique - I'm tired of corporate hotels.

Comment

Working...
                      X