• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Effects of IR35 and MSC Legislation on contractors & freelancers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effects of IR35 and MSC Legislation on contractors & freelancers

Hi Everyone

As part of my course at university, I have to do a research project and I've centred mine around IR35 and Managed Service Companies Legislation. I've designed a survey with the main aim of finding out the effects of IR35 and Managed Service Companies Legislation on contractors and free lancers. I would appreciate it if you could take a few mins to complete the survey ( it's totally anonymous and there are no questions requesting your personal details like name,email,address etc). If interested here's the link to the survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...eVactPTQ_3d_3d

So what university course would that be then?

Comment

**** me!

What was that noise?

Ooops, sorry, it's my bullsh!t detector tripping!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        What was that noise?

Ooops, sorry, it's my bullsh!t detector tripping!

You must think it's tinnitus on here.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Jessika View Post
          Hi Everyone

As part of my course at university, I have to do a research project and I've centred mine around IR35 and Managed Service Companies Legislation. I've designed a survey with the main aim of finding out the effects of IR35 and Managed Service Companies Legislation on contractors and free lancers. I would appreciate it if you could take a few mins to complete the survey ( it's totally anonymous and there are no questions requesting your personal details like name,email,address etc). If interested here's the link to the survey:

Don't let your mind wander. It's too small to be out on its own.

Comment

Hi Everyone

You are Denny and I claim my $5.....

Comment

To anyone thinking of not filling this in through force of laziness (and I was almost one) -

Ltd Co people only have to answer 3 questions and they're all easy multi-choice.

Comment

I could save you some time and give you the answers without the need to conduct such research, but I guess this is of no benefit since the aim here is to score points on a module by demonstrating your ability to research.

You could probably write an entire dissertation on the subject and still only scratch the surface on this topic - remember the aim of individual research is to discover something new and unique in the area, perhaps the scope of your attempted research here is too wide.
                The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Hi Everyone

Yeh ok, I'l just fill it out now for you then shall I?!

Comment

Just a couple of points.

Question 5. I've never changed, so my answer is 0.

Question 6. Why do you think IR35 would impact on anyone's decision to change umbrellas? You're paid through PAYE - IR35 doesn't come into it.
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X