• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got a gun?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got a gun?

Had the 'honour' of going into the quarterly company joint departmental meeting - as I will be one of 'them' soon.

One director was talking about fridges and milk.

One director was talking about the importance of wearing ties.

One guy asked finance director why shares dipped once the good results were anounced - I thought most people undersood a little about speculative trading......

Thankfully only lasted an hour. I left the minute the meeting ended.

Your mafia neighbours should be able to furnish you with a "piece"
    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

You will be providing us with many such jems in the months to come I predict. I also predict you will have problems selling your house and the mortgage you eventually end up with will be larger and more expensive than you were expecting. You will be trapped in a permie job you hate with a take home that only just allows you to scrape together your monthly loan payments on your depreciating asset purchased at the top of the property bubble.

Meanwhile you are in last in first out position at your company just ahead of turbulent economic times.

Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        One director was talking about the importance of wearing ties.
        So wilm, why is it important?
        whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford View Post
          So wilm, why is it important?
          I quote 'Our collegues in the stores have to keep things apple pie, we are also the face of clientco'.

You could not make it up.....

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
            You will be providing us with many such jems in the months to come I predict. I also predict you will have problems selling your house and the mortgage you eventually end up with will be larger and more expensive than you were expecting. You will be trapped in a permie job you hate with a take home that only just allows you to scrape together your monthly loan payments on your depreciating asset purchased at the top of the property bubble.

Meanwhile you are in last in first out position at your company just ahead of turbulent economic times.

Duh.
            Argh, I am FRUSTRATED - I soooo need a gun after reading that reply.

I have an electric oven. My first floor bedroom has a porch to soften the fall onto a soft lawn.

Just flogged my old banger, so cannot even take that on the motorway for a quick ending with the CV joint about to go on it.

Either get me a gun quick, get Lucy to counsel me, or cheer me up!

Comment

At least your hand didn't go to sleep making you think you're impotent!!!
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
                I also predict you will have problems selling your house and the mortgage you eventually end up with will be larger and more expensive than you were expecting.
                This I fear may be true. Permanent employees' housing transactions always take about a year to complete, for some reason. But as a 'staffer', you'll be allowed, nay expected, to spend 70% of your time on the phone to the solicitor, and 25% moaning to your colleagues about it. The other 5% gratefully swapping stories with your line manager, who took longer than you to complete on a more expensive house than yours.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                  This I fear may be true. Permanent employees' housing transactions always take about a year to complete, for some reason. But as a 'staffer', you'll be allowed, nay expected, to spend 70% of your time on the phone to the solicitor, and 25% moaning to your colleagues about it. The other 5% gratefully swapping stories with your line manager, who took longer than you to complete on a more expensive house than yours.
                  The dark feelings are killing me nicely.

Keep them coming - do not be nice, put me out of my misery....

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                    The dark feelings are killing me nicely.

Keep them coming - do not be nice, put me out of my misery....
                    << canned laughter >>

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X