Happy ANZAC Day Happy ANZAC Day
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Happy ANZAC Day

Banned

tay is too good to be a permie

Default Happy ANZAC Day

"Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives... You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us, where they lie side by side here in this country of ours... You, the mothers, who sent their sons from far away countries, wipe away your tears; Your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well"

Atta Turk

Super poster

PAH is good enough for Jehovah!

I'm going to hold out for Happy Prozac Day.

Spocklike

BA to the Stars is a permanent contractor

A big salute to our Commonwealth colleagues and brothers in arms when we needed them most.

Bazzalike

cailin maith 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    A big salute to our Commonwealth colleagues and brothers in arms when we needed them most.
    Are you being sarcy? If not...WHS
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Banned

I am not sure why the UK doesnt have a national holiday on a war remembrance day. Its a huge event in Aus and NZ, tens of thousands of people of all ages attend dawn services in every town and city, there was one in london this morning with a few thousand Antipodeans at the NZ war memorial in Hyde park corner, was funny seeing all the commuters going past at 5am wondering why the hell the place was packed at 5am. The police shut down the roads for 10 minutes as well so the minutes silence, reveille and last post was done in dead silence.

Spocklike

BA to the Stars is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by cailin maith View Post
    Are you being sarcy? If not...WHS
    No totally serious. I admire the Aussies & Kiwi's for the help they gave us during wars (and also the other non-ANZAC's but also Commonwealth such as Canada & India). It seems that they sometimes got some of the roughest tasks too.

Bazzalike

cailin maith 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by tay View Post
    I am not sure why the UK doesnt have a national holiday on a war remembrance day. Its a huge event in Aus and NZ, tens of thousands of people of all ages attend dawn services in every town and city, there was one in london this morning with a few thousand Antipodeans at the NZ war memorial in Hyde park corner, was funny seeing all the commuters going past at 5am wondering why the hell the place was packed at 5am. The police shut down the roads for 10 minutes as well so the minutes silence, reveille and last post was done in dead silence.
    I'm loath to ever admit that I would agree with you but in this case, I do.... it's bonkers.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PAH View Post
    I'm going to hold out for Happy Prozac Day.
    What a great example of someone trying to hard to be funny and failing.

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by tay View Post
    "Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives... You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us, where they lie side by side here in this country of ours... You, the mothers, who sent their sons from far away countries, wipe away your tears; Your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well"

Atta Turk
    That is indeed a beautiful quote.

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    No totally serious. I admire the Aussies & Kiwi's for the help they gave us during wars (and also the other non-ANZAC's but also Commonwealth such as Canada & India). It seems that they sometimes got some of the roughest tasks too.
    Lions led by donkeys springs to mind ...There was a serious lack of professionalism in the British Army officer class for most of the 20th century. I suspect things are better now