• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm wavering...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wavering...

...and it is frankly pathetic. Wilmslow would be proud of my seeming inability to turn down work.

The facts:

1. I need a break. I look and feel worn out.
    2. My contract ends next week. I have agreed with my client contact that I am finishing up then.
    3. I want time-off with cocktails and massages.

Today, two other managers here have approached me and one has offered me a permanent role and the other has offered me a 3-month contract.

Flattered and delighted as I am, this makes it harder for me to roll-off and chill out for a bit.

I need to decide tomorrow. I'm thinking of plumping for the 3-monther on the basis I get a 2-week break beforehand.

I am disappointed by my own indecisiveness. Very disappointed. It's not like me. I think I need to get laid. PM me with offers.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Take the permie role. It will make Wilmslow proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
      I think I need to get laid. PM me with offers.
      Has HRH PMed you yet?

Comment

you could always use the 3mths to save up and then have 4 wks away...
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

[quote=Xenophon;531014

I am disappointed by my own indecisiveness. [/quote]

Does riding the fence make your eyes water?

The 3-monther sounds good. Chill for 2 weeks and then start that one. Sounds perfect to me or am I missing something?

Comment

Have a pot noodle and a wink to relax you before deciding.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Extend the two weeks to a month and take the 3 monther.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Today, two other managers here have approached me and one has offered me a permanent role .
                Don't give in to the dark side.

Take the blue pill.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Take the two weeks off, go to Koh Samui or somewhere equally as different to London as you can and come back and take the contract.

ps. for some reason I always imagine you look like this bloke for some reason

Comment

I need to decide tomorrow. I'm thinking of plumping for the 3-monther on the basis I get a 2-week break beforehand.

I am disappointed by my own indecisiveness. Very disappointed. It's not like me. I think I need to get laid. PM me with offers.
                    Hope you asked for a rate rise too

La Perla is expensive you know
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X