• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Staying sane while working from home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staying sane while working from home

How do you keep yourself sane while working from home?

Been doing this since January. Couldn't wait to see the back of the previous project in Belgium commuting and sitting in the office.

Always seen myself as a pretty independent bod...but jesus this is hard work.

Live on my own and single at the moment as well so I think that is a factor. I go out for lunch every day and try and do stuff in the evenings... but you can't always be bothered going out... but if you don't you kind of lose human contact.

I have a cupboard full of Pot Noodles.

HTH

Comment

DIY? - I mean jobs around the house, not Pot Noodle / winking (although since you're single this is sort of implied anyway).

Otherwise, try and skill up on something, spin it up on the CV and get back on the wagon.

Daytime telly will seriously mess with your noggin. I'm sure it's a government funded initiative to get people back in work sharpish.

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
        It is not possible. This job is boring enough with the odd bit of human interaction and amusement thrown in. Without it

Comment

You can make friends with squirrels and post on CUK all day.

Comment

Been doing this since January. Couldn't wait to see the back of the previous project in Belgium commuting and sitting in the office.

Always seen myself as a pretty independent bod...but jesus this is hard work.

Live on my own and single at the moment as well so I think that is a factor. I go out for lunch every day and try and do stuff in the evenings... but you can't always be bothered going out... but if you don't you kind of lose human contact.
            I recommend purchasing a PlayStation 3 and playing Call Of Duty 4 online. I've lost entire weekends...
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I am working so that part is fine. Although job itself is unrewarding.

Miss informal social contact.

At the same time dont want to work in IT in an office again.

Comment

Yeah, I have Call Of Duty 4. But I want to get away from solo stuff...even though I have always been a fairly miserable git!

I play baseball a couple of times a week in the evening and do some volunteer bar work at a local community group once or twice a week.

Just miss the routine and social side.

Do you just get used to it?

Comment

You'll soon get over it when the money runs out.

Comment

I am working so that part is fine. Although job itself is unrewarding.

Miss informal social contact.

Oops, so you are. I really must learn to read the original post.

Comment

Working...
                    X