• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Making up for non-worked days of a contract ? and IR35.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making up for non-worked days of a contract ? and IR35.

Is your agent asking you to work additional days post contract-end to make up for any days which you took off during the contract ? How to handle this IR 35 wise ?

Originally posted by Likely View Post
    Is your agent asking you to work additional days post contract-end to make up for any days which you took off during the contract ? How to handle this IR 35 wise ?
    Were these days you were paid for when you took them off?
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Depends what your contract says I suppose. If it says contract duration is 100 working days then any days you took off you should add to the end of it, but if it says duration is until 31st May then No you shouldn't.

I've never seen a contract that says the former...
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        Were these days you were paid for when you took them off?
        Of course not.

You take days off from time to time. My current agent is a bit greedy and wants days that were taken off to be worked/billed post contract . I think this has an implication on MOO. Besides this my contract is the standard PCG one.

Comment

Of course not.

You take days off from time to time. My current agent is a bit greedy and wants days that were taken off to be worked/billed post contract . I think this has an implication on MOO. Besides this my contract is the standard PCG one.
          Sounds like a greedy agent to me...
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
            Depends what your contract says I suppose. If it says contract duration is 100 working days then any days you took off you should add to the end of it, but if it says duration is until 31st May then No you shouldn't.

I've never seen a contract that says the former...
            In my contract I have a commencement date , end date and duration in days.

I've been 6 months with the client on 3 month extensions. Obviously you are off from time to time. I am just wondering if other contractors are being asked by their agents to make up for days off ....

Comment

Never heard of this.

I bill by the hour so if I take a day off my weekly invoice shows the total amount of hours - 8

Is the client asking for this or is it the agent asking you to make up for days you had off and didn't get paid for?
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Never heard of this.

I bill by the hour so if I take a day off my weekly invoice shows the total amount of hours - 8

Is the client asking for this or is it the agent asking you to make up for days you had off and didn't get paid for?
                Apparently , the agent and the client have agreed that a contract for , say 3 months - 60 days , needs to be completed in full. i.e the contractor needs to work full 60 days , making up for any missed days.

Is it IR35 friendly if a contract is for a duration in days - say 60 days instead of being fixed in dates - say from 1st May until 1st July ? The reason being that the 60 days need to be worked in full even though not consecutively ?
                Last edited by Likely; 13 May 2008, 12:55.

Comment

Apparently , the agent and the client have agreed that a contract for , say 3 months - 60 days , needs to be completed in full. i.e the contractor needs to work full 60 days , making up for any missed days.

Is it IR35 friendly if a contract is for a duration in days - say 60 days instead of being fixed in dates - say from 1st May until 1st July ? The reason being that the 60 days might not be worked consecutively?
                  Tricky one as far as IR35 is concerned I'd ask over at the PCG forums.

You are being paid for all 60 days I assume?
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    Tricky one as far as IR35 is concerned I'd ask over at the PCG forums.

You are being paid for all 60 days I assume?
                    I will ask at PCG , thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X