Making up for non-worked days of a contract ? and IR35. Making up for non-worked days of a contract ? and IR35.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Banned

    Likely has no reputation


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    290

    Default Making up for non-worked days of a contract ? and IR35.

    Is your agent asking you to work additional days post contract-end to make up for any days which you took off during the contract ? How to handle this IR 35 wise ?

  2. #2

    Dirty kapitalist spekulant

    DiscoStu has more data than eek

    DiscoStu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Andyw's mum's house
    Posts
    8,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Likely View Post
    Is your agent asking you to work additional days post contract-end to make up for any days which you took off during the contract ? How to handle this IR 35 wise ?
    Were these days you were paid for when you took them off?
    ǝןqqıʍ

  3. #3

    Contractor Among Contractors

    MrRobin has no reputation

    MrRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    Depends what your contract says I suppose. If it says contract duration is 100 working days then any days you took off you should add to the end of it, but if it says duration is until 31st May then No you shouldn't.

    I've never seen a contract that says the former...

  4. #4

    Banned

    Likely has no reputation


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Were these days you were paid for when you took them off?
    Of course not.

    You take days off from time to time. My current agent is a bit greedy and wants days that were taken off to be worked/billed post contract . I think this has an implication on MOO. Besides this my contract is the standard PCG one.

  5. #5

    Dirty kapitalist spekulant

    DiscoStu has more data than eek

    DiscoStu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Andyw's mum's house
    Posts
    8,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Likely View Post
    Of course not.

    You take days off from time to time. My current agent is a bit greedy and wants days that were taken off to be worked/billed post contract . I think this has an implication on MOO. Besides this my contract is the standard PCG one.
    Sounds like a greedy agent to me...
    ǝןqqıʍ

  6. #6

    Banned

    Likely has no reputation


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRobin View Post
    Depends what your contract says I suppose. If it says contract duration is 100 working days then any days you took off you should add to the end of it, but if it says duration is until 31st May then No you shouldn't.

    I've never seen a contract that says the former...
    In my contract I have a commencement date , end date and duration in days.

    I've been 6 months with the client on 3 month extensions. Obviously you are off from time to time. I am just wondering if other contractors are being asked by their agents to make up for days off ....

  7. #7

    Dirty spekulant

    Jog On - scorchio!

    Jog On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Troll farm somewhere in Russia
    Posts
    7,858

    Default

    Never heard of this.

    I bill by the hour so if I take a day off my weekly invoice shows the total amount of hours - 8

    Is the client asking for this or is it the agent asking you to make up for days you had off and didn't get paid for?
    Whatever...

  8. #8

    Banned

    Likely has no reputation


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    Never heard of this.

    I bill by the hour so if I take a day off my weekly invoice shows the total amount of hours - 8

    Is the client asking for this or is it the agent asking you to make up for days you had off and didn't get paid for?
    Apparently , the agent and the client have agreed that a contract for , say 3 months - 60 days , needs to be completed in full. i.e the contractor needs to work full 60 days , making up for any missed days.

    Is it IR35 friendly if a contract is for a duration in days - say 60 days instead of being fixed in dates - say from 1st May until 1st July ? The reason being that the 60 days need to be worked in full even though not consecutively ?
    Last edited by Likely; 13th May 2008 at 12:55.

  9. #9

    Dirty spekulant

    Jog On - scorchio!

    Jog On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Troll farm somewhere in Russia
    Posts
    7,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Likely View Post
    Apparently , the agent and the client have agreed that a contract for , say 3 months - 60 days , needs to be completed in full. i.e the contractor needs to work full 60 days , making up for any missed days.

    Is it IR35 friendly if a contract is for a duration in days - say 60 days instead of being fixed in dates - say from 1st May until 1st July ? The reason being that the 60 days might not be worked consecutively?
    Tricky one as far as IR35 is concerned I'd ask over at the PCG forums.

    You are being paid for all 60 days I assume?
    Whatever...

  10. #10

    Banned

    Likely has no reputation


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    Tricky one as far as IR35 is concerned I'd ask over at the PCG forums.

    You are being paid for all 60 days I assume?
    I will ask at PCG , thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •