• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

which is best, living outside or inside the uk ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which is best, living outside or inside the uk ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-10-years.html

'She said: “A lot of this is people retiring abroad, which is a relatively new phenomenon and is only possible because we are all better off . ',

Milan.

That's good of them making way for all the extra imigrants comming here,
    Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

It is, isn't it. I think we should get some tax breaks for being so helpful.

In answer to the question. Well, the UK is ok to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-10-years.html

'She said: “A lot of this is people retiring abroad, which is a relatively new phenomenon and is only possible because we are all better off . ',

Milan.
        I have recently returned to the UK after 15 years away (hence the name). I came back for personal reasons, not from a desire to live here again, and I have to say that my lack of desire to return has been fully justified by what I have found. My partner raised the subject of emigrating recently. Great! Just a question of when and where. And this time I won't call it expat, I'll call it emigrating.

Comment

bye then.

Comment

expat where did you work / live for those 15 years?

I'm keen to leave this place too.... just biding my time earning my money while I can. Long term I think Canada has a great story. Oz is a nice thought but too far while I wouldn't mind working in Dubai for a couple of years too.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
              expat where did you work / live for those 15 years?

I'm keen to leave this place too.... just biding my time earning my money while I can. Long term I think Canada has a great story. Oz is a nice thought but too far while I wouldn't mind working in Dubai for a couple of years too.
              Canada sounds boring to me although the wife is keen on it. Oz remains the destination of choice for me although the remoteness is a concern.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Canada sounds boring to me although the wife is keen on it. Oz remains the destination of choice for me although the remoteness is a concern.
                If you're emigrating, what does it matter how far away the place is?

Sod this I'm off for a bacon butty!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  It is, isn't it. I think we should get some tax breaks for being so helpful.

In answer to the question. Well, the UK is ok to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
                  You're in Basel though.

Basel is the town that most resembles the UK in that part of the world. It reminds me of Middlesboro.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    If you're emigrating, what does it matter how far away the place is?

Sod this I'm off for a bacon butty!
                    The desire to visit relatives/family still here doesn't disappear just because I might emigrate.

Comment

Working...
                    X