• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should we bring back the birch?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Is that not a wimple?
    Dont bring facts into this!

Comment

No, and I hate black ash as well.

Sorry, thought I had stumbled into "british woodworkers" by mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
        No, and I hate black ash as well.

Sorry, thought I had stumbled into "british woodworkers" by mistake.
        Do they have a forum? We could go there for the cuk summer holiday.

Comment

‘Birching’ never went away. It just costs a small fortune to get that sort of abuse now.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

This board is for stupid nonsense - no more good ideas.
            Jackpot! Bringing back the Birch is just about the most stupid idea I've heard for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              Jackpot! Bringing back the Birch is just about the most stupid idea I've heard for a while.
              So you're not called "soft bloke" for nothing. "Soft in the head bloke" more like.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Indeed.

The cat o'nine tails is much more efficient...

Rubbing the salt in afterwards makes one's eyes water a bit too, so I've heard.
                I saw a documentary on the Taleban a few years ago (before they came to power) and one of their blokes had nicked a pistol from another talitubby. They were going to lop of one of his hands but because they did not want come across as 'too severe' on film (plus the bloke was their mechanic) they decided to commute this to a severe beating on the soles of the feet.

To add insult to injury, the guy had to give thanks to the great whatever after each stroke. It looked unbelievably painful and I'm sure it would catch on as a Saturday night tv in Britain (they've reintroduced gladiators so anything is possible)
                Last edited by Rantor; 4 June 2008, 08:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor View Post
                  I saw a documentary on the Taleban a few years ago (before they came to power) and one of their blokes had nicked a pistol from another talitubby. They were going to lop of one of his hands but because they did not want come across as 'too severe' on film (plus the bloke was their mechanic) they decided to commute this to a severe beating on the soles of the feet.

To add insult to injury, the guy had to give thanks to the great whatever after each stroke. It looked unbelievably painful and I'm sure it would catch on as a Saturday night tv in Britain (they've reintroduced gladiators so anything is possible)
                  If they had banned guns then this would never have happened! sorted...

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                    ‘Birching’ never went away. It just costs a small fortune to get that sort of abuse now.
                    No it doesn't - I know this really good place near Kings X that....

ooops!

Comment

And beatings, lots more beatings.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X