• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow I shall come right out with it.

I've decided to ask Maria to marry me.

I have prepared a speech, which is traditional, and I thought I'd run it past my fellow contractors.

"Dear Maria,

There comes a time in every man's life when a pot noodle and a wink can no longer satisfy his carnal urge, his primal craving, his loin-throbbing desire.

I've lost count of the times I have thought of you as I lay in my bed, as I furiously self-abused myself whilst imagining you lay beside me.

I was just wondering if we could make this an "official" arrangement ?

I feel I have a lot of experience to offer you, and I think we would make a great couple, just like Bonnie and Clyde, but without the guns, Amercian accents and bank robberies, obviously.

Even if your parents don't agree, we can elope and live on a island somewhere. That would be really exciting, don't you think ?

So please Maria, marry me, and we can do great stuff."

So, what do you folks think ? I dropped the bit about the yaks, and the knitting needles of course, since I don't want to scare her right from the start.

If it all looks good, then I'll hit her with it tomorrow.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post

That sir, is genius

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Thank you, kind sirs

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      That can only come from a lvl 70 T4/S3 geared uberganker.

Can I join your guild?

(I have a flying mount)

Comment

NickFitz is awarded +50 Wilmslow saddo points.
        NiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiickFitz
        Still Invoicing

Comment

I was filling out a form today, but I made a mistake and needed some Tippex. I went to the stationery cupboard to get a bottle, but there were no Tippex signing out forms left. Not wanting to get into trouble I didn't take one, but now I have a dilemma.

Should I risk taking the Tippex without filling out the appropriate signing out form, or should I submit this other form with crossings out on it?
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

ClientCo are due for their SOX paperclip audit next week...

Comment

Working...
            X