• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow

Anyone here play World of Wilmslow on a regular basis?

Share your inane thoughts here to receive points.

Points are from 0 - 10 and will be awarded by the congregation.

To kick off, have left my details with my local leisure centre for them to call me about gym membership but they have failed to get the relevant person to call back despite me chasing twice.

How many WOW points does that score?

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    To kick off, have left my details with my local leisure centre for them to call me about gym membership but they have failed to get the relevant person to call back despite me chasing twice.
    Sounds like an expected level of service really. Therefore excellent in its mundane nature. I vote for 7 wow points.

Comment

I have a runecloth ball bag for my massive mouse-like gonads, and a pair of mithril underpants to keep them in
      am I in the right WOW thread ?

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I was trying to figure out a way of sharpening my electric shaver yesterday, that didn't involve buying some kind of useless gadget, or a new shaver. How many points do I get for that?

Comment

I managed to park my car in an awkward spot yesterday. If only the cars on either side had parked more considerately!

Points?

Comment

The speaker cable I bought didn't come with the little plug-in bits at either end and I don't know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              Anyone here play World of Wilmslow on a regular basis?

Share your inane thoughts here to receive points.

Points are from 0 - 10 and will be awarded by the congregation.

How many WOW points does that score?
              I am having great difficulty in affixing my Euro 2008 Wall Chart to the pinboard at my desk using a standard drawing pin, and the stationery cupboard is locked and the key holder is out of the office.
              If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

All this week I’ve been determined to get to bed early so I can get up early, but every evening has seen something happen causing me to stay up until after midnight. Last night it was 12:30am before I turned out the light, and it was all because I got caught up in some Denzel Washington movie trilogy. It was a stoopid thing to do as I'd actually seen the movie before.

This morning I did manage to get up earlier than previous attempts this week, though of course as a result, I have been unable to do any work today hence why I am sharing this story with you. To make matters worse my train was delayed by 15 min this morning. Very annoying but not unusual.

Whilst sitting in the office today I have been thinking up a plan B of writing short stories. I think I may be onto something exciting here.

Points?

Comment

Whilst in the gents the other day a big angry looking man walked in causing me to pee on my own shoes in fear?*

*This didn't actually happen as I'm not Wilmslow.

Comment

I'll post what has really happened to me later, when my neighbour moves his van and I can get out my drive and go to work.
                    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Working...
                    X