• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British Grand Prix

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll not be watching as it seems too much like watching a motorway to me. I think it got rubbish since that tyre pushed itself into Sennas skull
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I prefer to see racing where they actually overtake, go 2 or 3 abreast into the corners, etc. not have races mainly decided by pit stop strategy, starting place on the grid and fuel levels. After the first lap, it becomes too much of a procession.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Well we do have a tendency to rush to put some of our promising young talent onto pedestals, then take a morbid delight in pushing them off again. I say we get them on the pedestals and wait for them to fall off rather than being so keen to drag them down. Most won't disappoint but we might just end up with a few more success stories than we currently have.
        Which brings us back to Murray

Nadal born June 3, 1986 age 22

Grand Slam singles finals (6)

Grand Slam Wins (4)

first GS win 2005 age 19

43 finals 28 wins

Murray born May 15, 1987 age 21

Grand Slam wins 0

Career titles 0

He's not ready yet!
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Nadal

OK, but he still gets beaten by Federer most of the time.
          Back to British GP. Who in their right minds would pay hundreds to watch it? I'd rather have a go at the Playstation version or even Scaletrix or even watching paint dry.
          BTW - Hamilton is another overrated, overpaid but overthere (thank God)

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Which brings us back to Murray

Nadal born June 3, 1986 age 22

Grand Slam singles finals (6)

Grand Slam Wins (4)

first GS win 2005 age 19

43 finals 28 wins

Murray born May 15, 1987 age 21

Grand Slam wins 0

Career titles 0

He's not ready yet!

Seems a tad unfair to run a direct comparison with Nadal. At Murray's current age Federer had not won any Grand Slams. Patience man, Rome wasn't built in a day!!
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Seems a tad unfair to run a direct comparison with Nadal. At Murray's current age Federer had not won any Grand Slams. Patience man, Rome wasn't built in a day!!
              And you never know, he might get lucky. We might even see a smile.
              Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                And you never know, he might get lucky. We might even see a smile.
                Not worried about smiles. Wins will do for me.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I still think he should get his lookilike, Marlon form emmerdale to help him
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
                    OK, but he still gets beaten by Federer most of the time.
                    Back to British GP. Who in their right minds would pay hundreds to watch it? I'd rather have a go at the Playstation version or even Scaletrix or even watching paint dry.
                    BTW - Hamilton is another overrated, overpaid but overthere (thank God)
                    I guess it's the atmosphere that you pay for. To actually watch the race you are far better off at home.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~ View Post
                      I guess it's the atmosphere that you pay for. To actually watch the race you are far better off at home.
                      A mate of mine is on the crew at Silverstone. His team runs the main stand on (forgot the corner now).
                      He reckons he gets to watch most of the race as people take their seats early, he just has to fend off a few chancers every now and then. He does other events too.
                      You could also become a track marshal.
                      Obviously this requires a bit of commitment.
                      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                      X