• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is she the one?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    Nothing lasts forever. Who goes into these things thinking "thats it forever"?

Is it more realistic to think "Yes, i love this person and will do right by them, but if a drunk school leaver offered to suck me off at some point...i might say yes"?

I joke, of course. But my point is, i feel an overwhelming sense of fatality in this decision? I take it seriously ...
    You are right to take it seriously and if you have to come here and ask us, you answer is 'no'.

ps. grow some balls.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
      Nothing lasts forever. Who goes into these things thinking "thats it forever"?
      Is it more realistic to think "Yes, i love this person and will do right by them, but if a drunk school leaver offered to suck me off at some point...i might say yes"?

I joke, of course. But my point is, i feel an overwhelming sense of fatality in this decision? I take it seriously ...
      Thats the problem - people don't think its forever and know they can have an exit strategy.

My personal view is it's bollocks - it should be forever and if you don't think it will be right at this, the very beginning then you are on to a loser already.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Does her dad own a brewery?

work with/for the mafia/hitmen/Yakuza/Jehovahs Witnesses?
        B00med!

Comment

I read somewhere that 1.5-2 years is when the lust runs out.

Comment

Would you buy her 50 roses and get them sent to clientco ?

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              Are you happy now?
              Not 100%. But come one, im a programmer, im always going to find fault in everything. i think it all through too much. and when i go the opposite way and indulge my senses, i do it without restraint and end up in trouble

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              Can you see yourself being happy for as long as you're with her?
              I've been a lot worse off, in the utter gutter. To me this relationship it great but i've sought out such a situation and i think i can do better if i try harder but i am 35, and dont want to f**k myself over because ive got too cocky

Comment

Would you be happy with how she'd bring up your kids?

Comment

My advice:

You know when you know.

P.S. Do NOT under ANY circumstances take relationship advice from me.
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
                    Would you be happy with how she'd bring up your kids?
                    Maybe that's why she has said marry me now

Comment

Does this really belong here?

You're asking a group of anonymous geeks about your love life? Are you sure you want an answer from us lot?
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X