• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2010 British Grand Prix going to Donington!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bet Rockingham are pissed off.
    I love Donnington for bike racing. It will need mods for F1 and that will probably bugger it up for everything else.
    Donnington is a bitch to get in and out of.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      I love Donnington for bike racing.
      I concur. I generally sit at the old hairpin but I was stood at Redgate when JT fell off!!!
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        Bet Rockingham are pissed off.
        Rockingham have no money. The CART races (two) were superb. Most other was a lot less good. I haven't been for ages. It's a damned shame they couldn't organise a PU in a pub.

Comment

I'm sure the track will be great for F1 cars with the layer of aviation fuel that's normally present

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            I've never seen F1 live, except on TV. Is it worth all the hassle getting there?
            My opinion is no it's not.

It's viciously expensive and with the way F1 is you really don't see much. Poor value apart from the atmosphere is my summary.
            I've been to quite a few Touring Car and various manufacturer series race meetings and they're a load more entertaining than F1 when at the circuit.

Bikes are great fun at the circuits too and for obvious reasons getting away from the place afterwards is relatively easy.

Comment

Working...
            X