• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    It helps to understand the mind of an agent to use this analogy in the IT services marketplace.

Client - supermarket chain
    Agent - Meat wholesaler / slaughterhouse
    Contractor - Cattle

HTH

sheep
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

ewe baaaahstard
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Solent View Post
        Scenario - Agencies, ... I get annoyed with false promises as you can tell. Monday rant over with!
        (reply to comlpete paragraph of OP) :

Typical behaviuor of either agent or customer. They sort you into the queue and try find somebody cheaper oder better skilled. I always work with a 2-day timeout: If I have no "yes" i consider the project to be lost. Saves time.

Beofer doing so, there has never been a project coming real, where there was more than 2 days silence.

The current project had benn nogitiated within less than 30 hours starting from the first mail and a PDf-contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Solent View Post
          'Mobile Phone Walk' - The Sales guys who cannot stand still when talking on their mobile - They constantly have to pace backwards and forwards - gesticulating,
          If you knew anything about psychology, you'd understand that this is a good thing.

Hth.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            If you knew anything about psychology, you'd understand that this is a good thing.

Hth.
            If you'd been in the same room trying to work, you'd know it's only good for them

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              You get people on train concourses doing it. Gits.

Depending on my mood, I used to make a point of either walking into them, kicking them in the ankle or just hitting them with my briefcase at Euston each evening.

Cheered me up no end.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

If you knew anything about psychology, you'd understand that this is a good thing
                Intrigued, why a good thing? Maybe a good thing for them, but bl**dy inconsiderate to the rest of us

Comment

Working...
                X