• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agencies

Scenario - Agencies, we are just a number to them. Last Tuesday I went for an interview at client, agency very keen to get me there. Interview went very well; client told me they wanted to act fast so agent promised to ring after interview to find out how it went. But, no telephone call. Sent an E-Mail the following day, giving my feedback. Nothing from agent. Rung Agent on Thursday and they informed me, that they would definately have feedback on Friday and they will call me. Guess what, no telephone call, nothing day either. OK, so I have not got the gig but where is the courtesy from Agencies, failed promises, a quick phone call is all that it takes. I feel it's always good to get feedback, good or bad so you know where you fell over and can learn. mad Ok, it's a money game to Agencies just to get placements but I get annoyed with false promises as you can tell. Monday rant over with!

Unfortunately there's nothing new here...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Solent View Post
      Scenario - Agencies, we are just a number to them. Last Tuesday I went for an interview at client, agency very keen to get me there. Interview went very well; client told me they wanted to act fast so agent promised to ring after interview to find out how it went. But, no telephone call. Sent an E-Mail the following day, giving my feedback. Nothing from agent. Rung Agent on Thursday and they informed me, that they would definately have feedback on Friday and they will call me. Guess what, no telephone call, nothing day either. OK, so I have not got the gig but where is the courtesy from Agencies, failed promises, a quick phone call is all that it takes. I feel it's always good to get feedback, good or bad so you know where you fell over and can learn. mad Ok, it's a money game to Agencies just to get placements but I get annoyed with false promises as you can tell. Monday rant over with!
      Had this scenario more times than I care to remember, there are very few Agents who are willing to call to give a no. By default they will tell you nowt on the off chance that the job goes live or the person selected drops out.

I despise all but a very few agents as a bunch of useless sales gimps who're only interested when there's the prospect of a sale.

Comment

Contact the client - just a letter of thanks for the interview. If it turns out the agency said you didn't want the gig, life could get interesting.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It helps to understand the mind of an agent to use this analogy in the IT services marketplace.

Client - supermarket chain
          Agent - Meat wholesaler / slaughterhouse
          Contractor - Cattle

HTH

Comment

useless sales gimps who're only interested when there's the prospect of a sale
            Just finished working for a Recruitment Agency, not through them, for them and that is so true, spiked hair, pin stripe suit, pointy shoe brigade who constantly shout into their Blackberries and do the mobile phone walk !!!

Comment

Client - supermarket chain
              Agent - Meat wholesaler / slaughterhouse
              Contractor - Cattle
              Cattle sums it up really, we often get given loads of Bull Sh*t

Comment

do the mobile phone walk !!!
                Enlighten me... what is the mobile phone walk?

Comment

'Mobile Phone Walk' - The Sales guys who cannot stand still when talking on their mobile - They constantly have to pace backwards and forwards - gesticulating,

Comment

'Mobile Phone Walk' - The Sales guys who cannot stand still when talking on their mobile - They constantly have to pace backwards and forwards - gesticulating,
                    Thanks, LOL!

Comment

Working...
                    X