Agencies Agencies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Agencies

Should post faster

Solent has no reputation

Default Agencies

Scenario - Agencies, we are just a number to them. Last Tuesday I went for an interview at client, agency very keen to get me there. Interview went very well; client told me they wanted to act fast so agent promised to ring after interview to find out how it went. But, no telephone call. Sent an E-Mail the following day, giving my feedback. Nothing from agent. Rung Agent on Thursday and they informed me, that they would definately have feedback on Friday and they will call me. Guess what, no telephone call, nothing day either. OK, so I have not got the gig but where is the courtesy from Agencies, failed promises, a quick phone call is all that it takes. I feel it's always good to get feedback, good or bad so you know where you fell over and can learn. mad Ok, it's a money game to Agencies just to get placements but I get annoyed with false promises as you can tell. Monday rant over with!

Super poster

ratewhore has no reputation

Unfortunately there's nothing new here...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Banned

TykeMerc 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by Solent View Post
    Scenario - Agencies, we are just a number to them. Last Tuesday I went for an interview at client, agency very keen to get me there. Interview went very well; client told me they wanted to act fast so agent promised to ring after interview to find out how it went. But, no telephone call. Sent an E-Mail the following day, giving my feedback. Nothing from agent. Rung Agent on Thursday and they informed me, that they would definately have feedback on Friday and they will call me. Guess what, no telephone call, nothing day either. OK, so I have not got the gig but where is the courtesy from Agencies, failed promises, a quick phone call is all that it takes. I feel it's always good to get feedback, good or bad so you know where you fell over and can learn. mad Ok, it's a money game to Agencies just to get placements but I get annoyed with false promises as you can tell. Monday rant over with!
    Had this scenario more times than I care to remember, there are very few Agents who are willing to call to give a no. By default they will tell you nowt on the off chance that the job goes live or the person selected drops out.

I despise all but a very few agents as a bunch of useless sales gimps who're only interested when there's the prospect of a sale.

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Contact the client - just a letter of thanks for the interview. If it turns out the agency said you didn't want the gig, life could get interesting.
    Duct tape holds the universe together. In quantum chromodynamics it's known as the strong force. You get it in different colours, but metallic grey is best.

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

It helps to understand the mind of an agent to use this analogy in the IT services marketplace.

Client - supermarket chain
    Agent - Meat wholesaler / slaughterhouse
    Contractor - Cattle

HTH
    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

Should post faster

Solent has no reputation

useless sales gimps who're only interested when there's the prospect of a sale
    Just finished working for a Recruitment Agency, not through them, for them and that is so true, spiked hair, pin stripe suit, pointy shoe brigade who constantly shout into their Blackberries and do the mobile phone walk !!!

Should post faster

Solent has no reputation

Client - supermarket chain
    Agent - Meat wholesaler / slaughterhouse
    Contractor - Cattle
    Cattle sums it up really, we often get given loads of Bull Sh*t

Ducklike

Platypus is NOT a disguised employee

do the mobile phone walk !!!
    Enlighten me... what is the mobile phone walk?

Should post faster

Solent has no reputation

'Mobile Phone Walk' - The Sales guys who cannot stand still when talking on their mobile - They constantly have to pace backwards and forwards - gesticulating,

Ducklike

Platypus is NOT a disguised employee

'Mobile Phone Walk' - The Sales guys who cannot stand still when talking on their mobile - They constantly have to pace backwards and forwards - gesticulating,
    Thanks, LOL!