• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

East London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Over the past 20 years I have lived in Bow

A fine place. Home town of luminaries such as Ledley King, Dizzee Rascal and that tart who used to rohypnol foreign businessmen in West End hotels and nick their wallets. A local girl made good.

Comment

East London's not a dangerous place, just a slightly seedy one.

(Lockhouse in "born in Stoke Newington" mode)
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
        East London
        I am sorry, it sux, junkies, cocky kids with knives, everybody p!ssed off there heads the whole time, tulipe council blocks, rentals only realistically about 25% higher in West London

I have toughed it out for 4.5 years, now no more, think its actually got worse.

So I am off to West London, goodbye East London, wont miss you
        London = tulip

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          London = tulip
          WHS

Comment

Pimlico

I think Pimlico is the greatest area in London.

It is just so close to the center and it looks like what London should be with nice buildings, pavements, monuments, etc.

Most areas of London are awful but some of them have lots to offer in terms of service. However, now that I am out I would only live in areas like Pimlico where you have history and character or else totally outside London. What's the point of living in London if you can't enjoy the West End? (and most of the londoners don't).
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I would not like to live in London. Zoos are for animals not humans.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                WHS
                Yes I wish I was in Swindon - Apparently Land of the Living Dead was filmed there. They saved money on actors that way.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I am in New Eltham. 19 minutes London Bridge, 23 to Cannon Street, 23 to Waterloo(East), 27 to Charing X. All direct trains. We have a baker, butcher, post office and co-op. I am 1 minute to A20, 8 minutes to M20. 5 minutes to A2. 20 minutes is Trosely Country park on top of the north downs with views to the south downs.

Now all we need is several good schools and a bit of PR work...
                  M&S
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I am in New Eltham. 19 minutes London Bridge, 23 to Cannon Street, 23 to Waterloo(East), 27 to Charing X. All direct trains. We have a baker, butcher, post office and co-op. I am 1 minute to A20, 8 minutes to M20. 5 minutes to A2. 20 minutes is Trosely Country park on top of the north downs with views to the south downs.
                    You should try leaving your watch at home some days.
                    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Now all we need is several good schools and a bit of PR work...
                      Of course you're an excellent driver, yeah, definitely. Qantas never crashed... etc.
                      Last edited by Charles Foster Kane; 9 July 2008, 13:56. Reason: Added an apostrophe.

Comment

Working...
                      X