• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A challenge to all contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A challenge to all contractors

Turn off your screen and pretend to work. Work can include paper shuffling, reading etc but must also include some element of staring at your turned-off monitor as though it were on.

See how long you can last before someone notices.

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    I'd have to do without CUK, though.
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Been doing it all week so far.................
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

That explains the quality of your posting.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Turn off your screen and pretend to work. Work can include paper shuffling, reading etc but must also include some element of staring at your turned-off monitor as though it were on.

Are you crazeee!

What about CUK?
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Are you Jim Bowen?

Comment

I once did a contract at the DHSS which involved doing that. Having seen all the EDS bods wandering around the building I took it upon myself to do the same. I found a clipboard, stuck some paper on it and used to walk around looking important and no-one ever used to question me. Back in the office I used to turn my PC off and just stare at it until my eyes felt heavy at which point I used to either sit under the desk and have a kip or go to the bookies underneath my office.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                I once did a contract at the DHSS which involved doing that. Having seen all the EDS bods wandering around the building I took it upon myself to do the same. I found a clipboard, stuck some paper on it and used to walk around looking important and no-one ever used to question me. Back in the office I used to turn my PC off and just stare at it until my eyes felt heavy at which point I used to either sit under the desk and have a kip or go to the bookies underneath my office.
                I used to have a thriving eBay business when I last worked with EDS bods. Franking machine came in handy for sending off packages.

Comment

To be fair - i've been in this gig for 9 months and i suspect i could have had my screen off all that time and no-one would notice!

I sit in a dark corner of the office behind a pillar with no-one behind me.

Quite often no-one evens knows i am in the office!
                  Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                    To be fair - i've been in this gig for 9 months and i suspect i could have had my screen off all that time and no-one would notice!

I sit in a dark corner of the office behind a pillar with no-one behind me.

Quite often no-one evens knows i am in the office!
                    Lucky.

Comment

Working...
                    X