• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World of Warcraft - addiction?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent, the low IQ filters are working then.
    That's uncalled for.

Many new players to a game take a while to orientate themselves to the gameworld.

That's no excuse to disparage their efforts.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
      That's uncalled for.

Many new players to a game take a while to orientate themselves to the gameworld.

That's no excuse to disparage their efforts.

Damn you BGG you ruin my fun by being nice!!!

You are just to nice

Comment

You are just to nice
        The world is full of nasty people. We all have a choice to join them or forge our own way.

Well, that's my view, YMMV, and that, of course, is your prerogative.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
          Damn you BGG you ruin my fun by being nice!!!

You are just to nice
          Well they say people change their persona online, BGG is probably just a benevolant kindly old sage in WoW to cover up the fact he's a twisted cruel old bamstick in real life
          Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
            Same here. Dip in every now and then.
            Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
            You never levelled your own character though. Tsk, tsk.

Xeno in 'disapproving' mode
            WHS, not played it for 2months now, can't afford to lose that much time right now

Chef

aka Wiglaf lvl 43 Night Elf Hunter
            aka Weohstan lvl 11 Human Rogue
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

gee thanks Big Yin !

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                gee thanks Big Yin !
                Only kidding You seem like a nice bloke to me, if a little strange.
                Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Strange I can live with :-) She's in the next room :-)

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I tried it once but found it a bit tulipe compared to other games so didn't bother with it beyond about 2 days, the combat didn't really do it for me - not sure why but I far preferred the system in guild wars which is essentially very similar.

Used to play mmorpgs quite a bit but now generally I find it hard to justify spending the time to sit down and play even a single player game.

Comment

Working...
                    X