• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

6 month renewal - Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Do you need the money ? If not, go, don't think I've ever regretted quitting once I'm totally fed up.
    No, but more money is always nice and they are a nice friendly bunch too.. just the work is dire...
    Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
    "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
    Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

Originally posted by kali View Post
      No, but more money is always nice and they are a nice friendly bunch too.. just the work is dire...
      Ask them about working from home then, dire work is always slightly less dire when you can do your hours to suit, and have music/TV on in the background etc. If they want you that much, they may let you.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
        Congrats. As a matter of curiosity, did you push for a raise? If you did and got knocked back did they say it was "market conditions" or some-such? I'm just trying to plan ahead for my negotiations. Head 'em off at the pass so to speak.
        I asked the agent for 10%, he said the client is skint (which I already knew)

I said "you chip in 5% ask the client for 5%", he said the client really is skint and we cut our margin for your last rise (confirmed by client)

I said ok and signed up.

Comment

Working...
        X