We are now back to August 2006 We are now back to August 2006
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 15

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

Default We are now back to August 2006

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7492689.stm

UK house prices fell by 2% in June, according to the UK's biggest mortgage lender, the Halifax.

The drop meant that prices were 6.1% lower than a year ago, with the average home costing £180,344.

The lender said that average house prices were now at the same level as in August 2006.

But it said that strong employment levels and low interest rates meant that the housing demand retained firm foundations despite price falls.

Boomed!
    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

Dirty kapitalist spekulant

DiscoStu has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post

UK house prices fell by 2% in June, according to the UK's biggest mortgage lender, the Halifax.

The drop meant that prices were 6.1% lower than a year ago, with the average home costing £180,344.

The lender said that average house prices were now at the same level as in August 2006.

But it said that strong employment levels and low interest rates meant that the housing demand retained firm foundations despite price falls.

Boomed!
    It does make me laugh listening to the chief economists of banks and building societies, grasping desparately in a hopeless attempt to prop up their share price.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Lord of Ruin

Diver is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoStu View Post
    It does make me laugh listening to the chief economists of banks and building societies, grasping desparately in a hopeless attempt to prop up their share price.
    Give it a few more months; and you'll be able to buy a Bank cheaper than a house
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Super poster

lilelvis2000 is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post

Boomed!
    So, still overpriced then?

(_?_)

HairyArsedBloke is good enough for Jehovah!

Back to 2006. Exactly, you’d think that asset prices have gone back to the middle ages from how some people talk.

Double Godlike!

Moscow Mule is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Back to 2006. Exactly, you’d think that asset prices have gone back to the middle ages from how some people talk.
    In 6(ish) months, asset prices have reversed gains of the previous 18(ish) months.

I think it's something to get excited about?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Super poster

daviejones has no reputation

Does that mean my clothes are back in fashion?
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Super poster

rootsnall has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoStu View Post
    One exception was the bloke from RBS, he did wait until they got their own rights issue off but then gave some uber doom predictions. I expect he'll be pensioned off quietly sometime next year.

Super poster

lilelvis2000 is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    The only people complaining are those that remotgaged to buy that Range Rover..and now have no cash to pay all those credit card bills.

Double Godlike!

Moscow Mule is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    The only people complaining are those that remotgaged to buy that Range Rover..and now have no cash to pay all those credit card bills.
    And those people are silly ****ers. I will buy their house next year (or maybe the year after).
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."