• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Red light district

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red light district

As it's my first time in Amsterdam and not too far from my hotel I ventured out into the red light district last night to see what all the fuss was about.

Got chatting to a bloke from Scunthorpe (when he revealed this I really should have just moved on) who seemed friendly enough. Took him about 4 min to mention that he'd more than window-shopped on 2 occasions already that evening but was 10 euro short of a 3rd go and could I help him out.

So I told to f**k off!

Seriously.

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    So I told to f**k off!

Seriously.
    Why? You didn't even know him

PS How's the new gig?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

As it's my first time in Amsterdam and not too far from my hotel I ventured out into the red light district last night to see what all the fuss was about.

Got chatting to a bloke from Scunthorpe (when he revealed this I really should have just moved on) who seemed friendly enough. Took him about 4 min to mention that he'd more than window-shopped on 2 occasions already that evening but was 10 euro short of a 3rd go and could I help him out.

So I told to f**k off!

Seriously.
      That's the trouble with Amsterdam - it's full of "do as you likies" from tulip-holes in the UK.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Procure myself a shag.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

PS How's the new gig?
          Enjoying it for now thanks. A change is as good as a holiday and all that. I am sure my initial positivity will quickly be replaced with cynicism and boredom though.

Comment

he'd more than window-shopped on 2 occasions already that evening but was 10 euro short of a 3rd go and could I help him out.

So I told to f**k off!
            You should've told him you hadn't even had one go yet and were 20 euro short. He might have helped you out.

Comment

perhaps you could've both saved some money and "helped each other out", lol
              Originally posted by BolshieBastard
              You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

Enjoying it for now thanks. A change is as good as a holiday and all that. I am sure my initial positivity will quickly be replaced with cynicism and boredom though.

Boredom?

In Amsterdam?

Was there this weekend, get yourself down to the Dampkring!
                l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

As it's my first time in Amsterdam and not too far from my hotel I ventured out into the red light district last night
                  So! How much did you earn then ?
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
                    Boredom?

In Amsterdam?
                    At work genius.

Comment

Working...
                    X