• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

on the beach

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on the beach

as it was my first time at this hotel in tel aviv and not too far from the sea yesterday evening (after getting back from the contract site) i ventured out of the hotel door straight onto the beach to see what all the fuss was about.

Oops! sorry, I thought this was a "Wrong time of the month" thread
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I did a contract in Tel Aviv a short while back and the hotel was directly on the beach. During the server build part of the disk expansion failed and we had to wait for a couple of days for a new one to come in from the USA. While waiting the next day I strolled onto the beach and there were some nice women but a lot of loud 'Mericans as well. Sitting by myself at a table on a beach cafe drinking tea, a number came and sat at the table and continude to yak away loudly without realising that I understood every word. They shut up when I paid the waitress and spoke in perfect Oxbridge English and then they apologised, for whatever. Later on the bloke who runs the company I was working at came and picked me up and we went for a meal at an Arabic restuarant in Jaffa after a bit of sightseeing. What surprised me was that Jaffa being the oldest city in the world (apparently) and being quite religous as well (the Vatican had an embassy there) that the building right at the top of the hill was an S&M club. Fantastic weather, got a great tan and was paid for it all. Sorted.

(I was also there when they celebrated some Holocaust day and the whole city just stopped, oh and also when Mikes Pub was blown up which was over the road from my hotel at that time.)
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        (I was also there when they celebrated some Holocaust day and the whole city just stopped, oh and also when Mikes Pub was blown up which was over the road from my hotel at that time.)
        i was in "mike's bar" last night!

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
          as it was my first time at this hotel in tel aviv and not too far from the sea yesterday evening (after getting back from the contract site) i ventured out of the hotel door straight onto the beach to see what all the fuss was about.

Hope someone kicked sand in your eye.

Comment

Working...
          X