• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

apartment services charges

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

apartment services charges

heard a tale of someone who owns a flat saying how service charges have gone up overnight from £1200/year to £2200/year.
    The reason why? Half the flats in the block have not been sold. So, the management company charges everyone else more to make up for it.

Nice.

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    heard a tale of someone who owns a flat saying how service charges have gone up overnight from £1200/year to £2200/year.
    The reason why? Half the flats in the block have not been sold. So, the management company charges everyone else more to make up for it.

Nice.
    That's not right. The service charge is applied to whoever legally owns the flat. In this case, the developer. Therefore, the developer pays. If the developer is also the management co (or a subsidary of) thats another story, they can wangle the figures to their advantage. Is it specified on the bill that the person is paying for SC on other flats?

Comment

Nonsense.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
        Nonsense.

How about quoting what you think is nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman_1 View Post
          That's not right. The service charge is applied to whoever legally owns the flat. In this case, the developer. Therefore, the developer pays. If the developer is also the management co (or a subsidary of) thats another story, they can wangle the figures to their advantage. Is it specified on the bill that the person is paying for SC on other flats?
          sorry I don't know any more details
          either way, it's an unwelcome hammering for the flat owners
          I'm just sharing this so that others can be on guard if they're going to buy a new flat in a new build somewhere
          to put salt in the wound, the management co. are apparently useless, they struggle to keep the windows clean never mind anything else, and are in financial difficulty apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman_1 View Post
            How about quoting what you think is nonsense.
            The top one. I agree with your reply.

Comment

sorry I don't know any more details
              either way, it's an unwelcome hammering for the flat owners
              I'm just sharing this so that others can be on guard if they're going to buy a new flat in a new build somewhere
              to put salt in the wound, the management co. are apparently useless, they struggle to keep the windows clean never mind anything else, and are in financial difficulty apparently.
              Pretty much standard for a management co then.

Comment

Good man.

Comment

Don't shoot the messenger! Just reporting

Comment

Don't shoot the messenger! Just reporting
                    Consider yourself not shot.

Comment

Working...
                    X