• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Call the Bottom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call the Bottom

Steady on. I'm referring to the markets, I go:

DJIA: 9999
    FTSE: 3999

No vagueness or, more than, less than nonsense. Name a figure. Whoever gets closest wins a car*

*lie
    Bored.

To say I was disappointed with the content of this thread after the intriguing title, would be an understatement.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Dunno where the ‘bottom’ will be. However, on the Dow there are various support levels between 11,000 and 9,800. If none of those hold then we will be off to 7,500 or there abouts pretty damn sharpish.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Both will go to zero.

Comment

Traders have triggers at various points with prompts to buy or sell, usually just above or just below an indicative max or min which is set daily by the trading companies.
          As a rule of thumb, if FT gets to more than half of the value of DJ, then we are doing OK, otherwise US is better off.

Comment

According to an economist on the telly* yesterday, the expectation of doom is already built into the current share prices. So in other words, we're already about at the bottom as far as shares go, in his opinion anyway. All the house builders were up today, despite more doom than any other part of the economy, reflecting the feeling of less doom than expected (probably because they've acted on job losses).

*I have no clue about economics and get all my facts from Working Lunch.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

4875 for FTSE 100

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                To say I was disappointed with the content of this thread after the intriguing title, would be an understatement.
                WHS

Comment

Working...
                X