• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private medical

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    Have to get a consultation in a hospital. Everybody in the NHS seems to have trouble with the idea that I won't just take an appointment on a Wednesday (no, I work outside the UK), and indeed a bit miffed that I don't just do as I'm told.

My GP seemed to assume that I would be private, he keeps thinking that I am NHS for GP but private for consultant. Maybe I need to be (or emigrate).

Can anybody tell me about the PCG discounts on private medical insurance? I have the old PCG problem that I can't find out about factors that might work towards joining, unless I join first.
    Why don't you just make a direct appointment with the consultant via their secretary? It's not generally expensive (until you need some actual treatment).

I've found AXA to be very good, and they did include pre-existing but not yet diagnosed - but this was on an employer scheme. This decision has so far cost them > 30k in the last couple of years.

Comment

Have to get a consultation in a hospital. Everybody in the NHS seems to have trouble with the idea that I won't just take an appointment on a Wednesday (no, I work outside the UK), and indeed a bit miffed that I don't just do as I'm told.
      Living in England and working abroad?

You surely are taking the worst of both worlds.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        Details or linky please.
        +1

Bupa discount linky.

Comment

My GP seemed to assume that I would be private, he keeps thinking that I am NHS for GP but private for consultant.
          Can you get private GP's? I've been with BUPA for a while now. I see the NHS GP and, if I need a referral, I go to BUPA.
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
            +1

Bupa discount linky.
            Here maybe?

Comment

...big snip...

Can anybody tell me about the PCG discounts on private medical insurance?
              Yes. 25% discount for BUPA.

I have the old PCG problem that I can't find out about factors that might work towards joining, unless I join first.
              Rubbish. Can you see this page?

http://www.pcg.org.uk/cms/index.php?...387&Itemid=563

Or read the answer above?

Or you could phone them and ask.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
              X