You're fired. You're fired.
Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: You're fired.

(_?_)

HairyArsedBloke is good enough for Jehovah!

Default You're fired.

Just on the phone to one of the clients and a he goes, “shush, listen” and turns the phone so I can hear one of their traders being frog marched off the floor, swearing and shouting.

My guy says the boss over heard him earlier saying to an investor something along the lines of “I have inside knowledge that Israel is going to bomb Iran 1 min after the NY close this afternoon”. The boss went mental and was heard saying “We can’t get a way with this crap these days. I know it’s worked in the past, but these are different times and you’ll get us all arrested. “

I can’t say where, but it’s not a big name.

Super poster

Wilmslow is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Just on the phone to one of the clients and a he goes, “shush, listen” and turns the phone so I can hear one of their traders being frog marched off the floor, swearing and shouting.

My guy says the boss over heard him earlier saying to an investor something along the lines of “I have inside knowledge that Israel is going to bomb Iran 1 min after the NY close this afternoon”. The boss went mental and was heard saying “We can’t get a way with this crap these days. I know it’s worked in the past, but these are different times and you’ll get us all arrested. “

Wow, sounds like a mad place to be!!

(_?_)

HairyArsedBloke is good enough for Jehovah!

This announcement by the SEC explains why that boss at one of my clients went mental.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Securities and Exchange Commission said Sunday it is immediately opening a probe to prevent the spread of false information used to manipulate securities prices.

SEC Chairman Christopher Cox said the investigation is aimed at "ensuring that investors continue to get reliable, accurate information about public companies in the marketplace."

By law, brokers and investment advisers must have procedures in place to prevent market manipulation and other violations. Investigators will focus on such procedures, or controls, and whether "they are reasonably designed to prevent the intentional creation or spreading of false information intended to affect securities prices or other potentially manipulative conduct," the agency said.

The probe is separate from SEC's investigations, already under way, into alleged intentional manipulation of securities prices through "rumor-mongering and abusive short selling," the agency said in a statement.

Super poster

lilelvis2000 is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

Whistleblower?