• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple have fluffed up...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple have fluffed up...

Upgrades to iPhone v2 has gone belly up! Those who upgraded have found that the Apple servers cannot cope (the upgrade phones home for activation).

I've had no phone for over 2hrs now as I have to manual keep making it try again, others around the world have had no phone all day!

there has been no message from Apple, no acknowledgement! they are aware of the issue as their support lines are maxed out. This is also affecting the new 3G versions.

This poor planning and lack of accountability is the final straw in what has been a tulipe encounter with Apple (Purchased the 1st gen at full price, its not compatible with my head unit in car, they reduced the price 1mth later, they announced new 3G version 1 month after that, wont move it to a business account etc...). once this contract is up, I'll be off back to my blackberry which wipes it backside all over the iphone for the things i want (email and phone...).

so come on, own up, who has killed the servers?
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Well, that'll ******' teach you!

Weren't you one of the evangelists singing the praises of this piece of crap?

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post

Sorry.

Nah, I'm 'aving a
      It was idiots like you.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Well, that'll flipin' teach you!

Weren't you one of the evangelists singing the praises of this piece of crap?
        Nah, I said it had improvements to be made, and overall it was good... Never said it was amazing and you should buy etc.

Comment

Apple.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
            Upgrades to iPhone v2 has gone belly up! Those who upgraded have found that the Apple servers cannot cope (the upgrade phones home for activation).

I've had no phone for over 2hrs now as I have to manual keep making it try again, others around the world have had no phone all day!

there has been no message from Apple, no acknowledgement! they are aware of the issue as their support lines are maxed out. This is also affecting the new 3G versions.

This poor planning and lack of accountability is the final straw in what has been a tulipe encounter with Apple (Purchased the 1st gen at full price, its not compatible with my head unit in car, they reduced the price 1mth later, they announced new 3G version 1 month after that, wont move it to a business account etc...). once this contract is up, I'll be off back to my blackberry which wipes it backside all over the iphone for the things i want (email and phone...).

Haven't got a scooby...but....

That boy go raaaaaaa
            Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Activation worked fine for me (also have the 1st gen'n)...

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmithldn View Post
                Activation worked fine for me (also have the 1st gen'n)...
                Mine just connected to the server now and completing upgrade. Its only taken 4+hrs...

Comment

Working...
                X