• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How come the Frogs can get away with this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    The hospital got paid. Yawn.
    If you had read my post you would have picked out the fact that I did not say free.
    The hospitals are selling our body parts to foreign governments/visitors and thus denying them to us.

A London hospital has been referred to health watchdogs after concerns that too many liver transplants are being given to foreign patients.

The Healthcare Commission was alerted after 72 non-British EU nationals were given new livers in four years at King’s College Hospital.

Of those, 37 were given to Greek and Cypriot nationals in what were classed as “private” operations.

But the hospital said non-UK patients could not “buy” a transplant.

It said the figures were an anomaly caused because the Greek and Cypriot governments operate a different funding arrangement with the Department of Health than other states.

Most countries pay the Government a block fee to cover their citizens’ treatment in the UK. However, Greece and Cyprus pay hospitals directly on a patient-by-patient basis and so the procedures are classed as “private”.
    >Sheesh<
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

So? Don't you believe in a free market?
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

So? Don't you believe in a free market?
        Don't you believe in fairness.

How do you feel knowing that an organ you donate freely to save lives, will be sold abroad to a foreign government.

That Your National Insurance and Tax is being used to subsidise the denial of British citizens the right to life.

No! Don't even bother answering.

One day maybe you will lay dying in a hospital bed for want of an organ transplant, while they prep the foreigner in the bed next to you who is going to get the organ that you need, because the NHS sold it

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
          Allah, Allah, who the fook is Allah?
          If they pay my council tax I don't care!

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            Don't you believe in fairness.

How do you feel knowing that an organ you donate freely to save lives, will be sold abroad to a foreign government.

That Your National Insurance and Tax is being used to subsidise the denial of British citizens the right to life.

No! Don't even bother answering.

One day maybe you will lay dying in a hospital bed for want of an organ transplant, while they prep the foreigner in the bed next to you who is going to get the organ that you need, because the NHS sold it

I won't feel anything. I'll be dead. Wait a minute the hospitals got paid so no tax money of mine was used. Obviously there is spare capacity if the hospital can accomodate EU citizens.

I didn't see anything in the article to worry me at all. Its a non-story.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I won't feel anything. I'll be dead. Wait a minute the hospitals got paid so no tax money of mine was used. Obviously there is spare capacity if the hospital can accommodate EU citizens.

I didn't see anything in the article to worry me at all. Its a non-story.
              For the Transplant op, Not for the harvesting of the organ or for the increased and extended care of the waiting British patient.

There is no spare capacity, The NHS is desperate for Organs for British patients. these hospitals that are catering for visitors are ripping off the system.

We'll see if your attitude changes if (God forbid) one of your loved ones dies for want of a transplant.

But then again, I doubt it. You'll just say "Didn't cost me anything" Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Working...
              X