Speed Cameras to go Speed Cameras to go
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Contractor Among Contractors

    TheBigYinJames is too good to be a permie

    TheBigYinJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,868

    Default Speed Cameras to go

    Swindon to get rid of Speed Cameras

    Since the govt changed the rules about where the fines go (central govt get to keep them now) suddenly councils are finding Speed Cameras aren't really very safe at all. And all along they were claiming it wasn't just a cash cow.

    Surprise!

  2. #2

    Ministry of Love

    realityhack has more data than eek

    realityhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,667

    Default

    That page cost £18.40 by the way. And the scripts took more than 2min to load. Nice.

  3. #3

    Contractor Among Contractors

    TheBigYinJames is too good to be a permie

    TheBigYinJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by realityhack View Post
    That page cost £18.40 by the way. And the scripts took more than 2min to load. Nice.
    Are you using a 9600 baud modem by any chance?

  4. #4

    Ministry of Love

    realityhack has more data than eek

    realityhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    Are you using a 9600 baud modem by any chance?
    Wow - are we up to 9600 baud yet??? Can you get me one of them there beauties?

  5. #5

    The beerded one

    EternalOptimist is NOT a disguised employee

    EternalOptimist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Castle Saburac
    Posts
    22,444

    Default

    serious topic to bored in three posts

    now thats a CUK record







    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

  6. #6

    Ministry of Love

    realityhack has more data than eek

    realityhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    serious topic to baud in three posts

    now thats a CUK record
    IGYCFY then shall I?

  7. #7

    Contractor Among Contractors

    TheBigYinJames is too good to be a permie

    TheBigYinJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    serious topic to bored in three posts
    now thats a CUK record
    RH is on a mission today.

  8. #8

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is always on top

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covid City
    Posts
    35,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    Swindon to get rid of Speed Cameras

    Since the govt changed the rules about where the fines go (central govt get to keep them now) suddenly councils are finding Speed Cameras aren't really very safe at all. And all along they were claiming it wasn't just a cash cow.

    Surprise!

    Now all you nutters in supercars are going to want to live in Swindon!

    Swindon is a local place for local people, we'll have no new fangled horseless carriages here!
    SARS-CoV-2 - Finally something from China that still works as designed.

  9. #9

    Lord of Ruin

    Diver is NOT a disguised employee

    Diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    22,873

    Default

    The Government makes road-safety grants to councils from the proceeds of fines but ministers say this breaks the controversial link between cash and camera, giving authorities a financial incentive to fine more motorists.

    Says it all really
    Confusion is a natural state of being

  10. #10

    Ministry of Love

    realityhack has more data than eek

    realityhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Now all you nutters in supercars are going to want to live in Swindon!

    Swindon is a local place for local people, we'll have no new fangled horseless carriages here!
    Good attempt to get it back on track Prawny.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •