• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do you believe in ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you believe in ?

Believing by defintion means that the believee (if animate) or believand is somehow not provable, otherwise it would be factual and not require belief.
    God
    25.00%
    Allah
    3.57%
    Other omnipotent / invisible entity
    10.71%
    Science
    21.43%
    AGW
    0.00%
    Atw
    17.86%
    Andyw
    21.43%
    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Profit
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm a Pastafarian arrrrrrrrrrrr....

Comment

taxes

Comment

What do you believe in ?

Death.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
            Believing by defintion means that the believee (if animate) or believand is somehow not provable, otherwise it would be factual and not require belief.
            ignorant

Allah is God.. sme thing... both refer to the Father not the son.... only in Islam the Father can't have kids!!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
              ignorant

Allah is God.. sme thing... both refer to the Father not the son.... only in Islam the Father can't have kids!!
              Slightly ignorant. Also fails to take into account the Hindu pantheon.

It would have been better to differentiate,
              e.g.
              Judeochristian God
              Allah

Or not mention Allah at all.

And while you might think that Allah and the God-the-Father-Christian God are unique, many Christians believe that Allah is in fact satan. A quick google will reinforce that view. ( I mean that that's what some Christians believe, not that Allah is satan, before I get jihadded to death ).

There's quite a few scientists who believe in God, so should have been a multiple selection poll.

3/10 Could do better.

I'd like to be a Yen Buddhist.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Techically you can't belive in science. Belief requires faith. Proof denies faith. Science is based on proving how things work, ego you can't belive in science. ( with apologies to Douglas Adams )

It is my opinion that we are just an accidental mix of chemicals on a floating rock and when you die that's it. We have no purpose in life, as a species, beyond the propagation of the species and ultimately everything we do, knowingly or otherwise, is geared to that end.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Pie

I believe in pie.

and cream cakes of course
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Pie

I believe in pie.

and cream cakes of course
                    The cake is a lie.

igmc
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X