• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tube Strikes: Right or Wrong?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW, during the eleven months that I was taking the Northern Line from Edgware to Leicester Square in the morning, and back again late at night, I found the service to be excellent. That includes the station staff, although the controllers that keep them informed as to which train is going where could seem a bit lackadaisical - then again, it's a complex line.

The odd times that I had to use the Bakerloo or Metropolitan Lines for a week, I found that the service was less reliable, although those lines haven't had the investment in improvement that the Northern Line and others have had. But the station staff at the point where one was delayed waiting for a connection were unfailingly polite, helpful, and often very funny as they attempted to keep a large crowd of mostly drunk people happy for twenty minutes until they found out what was happening.

But the important point to me is that, in fact, I always got where I needed to be, without having to get on a replacement bus, and never delayed by more than thirty minutes or so - and that on only a small number of occasions.

Still, some of you could buy a cat that shat gold coins, and you'd still complain it wasn't working properly

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      FWIW, during the eleven months that I was taking the Northern Line from Edgware to Leicester Square in the morning, and back again late at night, I found the service to be excellent. That includes the station staff, although the controllers that keep them informed as to which train is going where could seem a bit lackadaisical - then again, it's a complex line.

The odd times that I had to use the Bakerloo or Metropolitan Lines for a week, I found that the service was less reliable, although those lines haven't had the investment in improvement that the Northern Line and others have had. But the station staff at the point where one was delayed waiting for a connection were unfailingly polite, helpful, and often very funny as they attempted to keep a large crowd of mostly drunk people happy for twenty minutes until they found out what was happening.

But the important point to me is that, in fact, I always got where I needed to be, without having to get on a replacement bus, and never delayed by more than thirty minutes or so - and that on only a small number of occasions.

Still, some of you could buy a cat that shat gold coins, and you'd still complain it wasn't working properly
      Commie.

Comment

Working...
      X