• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dublin with Todler recs'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dublin with Todler recs'

Going to Dublin tomorrow for a day trip, with wife and 22 m/o todler

Any recommendations for things to do? Places to go? Good eatings?

My initial thoughts are Dublin Zoo and a wander down Grafton Street / Temple Bar.
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Where are you starting from "Drogheda"!

You're going all the way to Dublin and the best plan you can come up with is to go to the ZOO!

Though, TBH there isn't much to do that will interest a kid that young.

I guess that Guinness and Jameson are out. The book of Kells is going to be too boring.

You might consider Kilmainham Gaol, but he/she/it might find it a bit scary (one kid did whilst I was there).

There's the Chimney Viewing Tower, it was closed when I went so I don't know how good it is.

Or you could catch the train to Howth and go to the sea-side

So the Zoo it is then!

And one for the wife, when on Grafton Street you should visit Powerscourt Centre, you'll see the signs (well you ought to)

tim

Comment

Ended up just wandering down Grafton Street, kid was amused by all the busker's, and then she had a play in St Stephens Green.

Had a nice meal at 'Elephant and Castle' (reccomended), then a wander up the Liffey and back to the DART to the ferry. With some retail therapy for the Mrs
      Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
        Going to Dublin tomorrow for a day trip, with wife and 22 m/o todler

Any recommendations for things to do? Places to go? Good eatings?

My initial thoughts are Dublin Zoo and a wander down Grafton Street / Temple Bar.
        We had a weekend in dublin only a couple of weeks ago with the kids.

first thing is if you want to go the zoo - book online and pay up front avoiding the queues.

One thing we did which was cool for the kids was a viking slash tour. Again book up front, but its a tour around the city, then around the canal basin.

We also had a nice lunch in Captain America's.

Comment

Working...
        X