an email from an agent an email from an agent
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 11

Fingers like lightning

TheRefactornator has no reputation

Default an email from an agent

...I've just received is advertising a c# job with a fortune 500 company, globally respected and all that bollocks.

This has to be one of the all time classics of pimp cock ups as he's sent it simultaneously to about 100 recipients (I didn't bother counting there's too many) all visible on the email...the biggest fishing net I've ever seen.

I mailed him back to tell him the error of his ways and advised him to never contact me again...I wouldn't be at all surprised if a few bods on here receive it also.

Super poster

moorfield is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by TheRefactornator View Post

I mailed him back to tell him the error of his ways and advised him to never contact me again...I wouldn't be at all surprised if a few bods on here receive it also.
    Did you cc all the other recipients? Should have done ...

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by moorfield View Post
    Did you cc all the other recipients? Should have done ...
    I did think about doing that but then considered he's got a pretty good spamming operation going all on his own.

Fingers like lightning

JoJoGabor is good enough for Jehovah!

I got one the other day for an Oracle DBA:

Dear Jo,

Yours Sincerely,
    Michael Davies

That's it!! No follow up - what a complete imbecile!

Super poster

tim123 has no reputation

I got a great one this week:

Offered a "surpurb opportunity" requiring C++ COM working on GIS at the fantastic rate of 30 pound an hour.

It went straight into the trash.

tim

Fingers like lightning

I've started receiving a flurry of emails that I'm being cc'd in on from other recipients of this spam, some responding to the pimp as I did to tell him what a nob he is. Others are jokingly (I hope) saying they're selling the address list onto other spammers.

What a complete numpty.

Banned

aussielong has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by tim123 View Post
    I got a great one this week:

Offered a "surpurb opportunity" requiring C++ COM working on GIS at the fantastic rate of 30 pound an hour.

It went straight into the trash.

tim
    you knob! this is like one of the supermodels who once said "i dont get out of bed for less than 10K"...

you are getting top dollar...show some modesty...most people getting 30 quid an hour in the UK are VERY WELL PAID

you are getting top dollar because nobody wants to do this s-h-i-t work dude....supply and demand. Not because you have some timeless value.

Contractor Among Contractors

Flubster is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by aussielong View Post
    you knob! this is like one of the supermodels who once said "i dont get out of bed for less than 10K"...

you are getting top dollar...show some modesty...most people getting 30 quid an hour in the UK are VERY WELL PAID

you are getting top dollar because nobody wants to do this s-h-i-t work dude....supply and demand. Not because you have some timeless value.
    Should I hold your handbag for you old chap?
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

More time posting than coding

Crossroads is too good to be a permie

Worst "I'm on a low rate (but then again I am an unprofessional build monkey who walks off site and leaves the client in the tulip)" post ever.

Super poster

tim123 has no reputation

Did you come through the wrong door to get here?

tim