• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bets on Ken

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW
    He just changed his view to gain broader support in his own party. Totally understandable especially considering that he may be referring to implementation (Blair's work) rather than algorithm (taking part in Europe)
    He is referring to the implementation in Europe. Thankfully, Blair wasn't involved because we didn't join.

You are right though, in that he still believes in it. We won't join or sign up to the constitution during his potential leadership, but his philosophy will still guide his other decision-making in that area.

Comment

Looking at him, i wouldn't take too many bets on him being topside of earth by the next election.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        I vividly remember him on that stage with Blair and Brown promoting Britain in Europe. Now he admits it has been a failure
        No, read the small print - He only admits it has been a failure _so_far_ !

If the EU does pick up economically, or at the first hint of a recovery, even if only relative to a moribund UK after ten years of Labour, you can be sure Clarke will be the first to start crowing about how he was right all along.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Tories Don't u just love em

Whats the most stupid single act the tories could possibly commit?

Yep, you guessed it Clarks gonna win!!!!!

I like the idea of a septianarain (sp?) leading the 'progressive' tories into another election or should that be 'election defeat'?

If the economy holds their screwed whatever if it doesn't Jordan could win, frankly if she promised to get her thrupeny bits out regularly at question time she'd get my vote ;-) (I've yet to meet a politician worth more than a flash of a pair of t 1ts from a Z-list celeb)

Would you like to vote Screaming Europhile (the euro worked out well didn;t it and lets a not forget the fabulous constitution etc add your own)

or just plain Europhile?

The only good politician is a dead politician, full stop, period or what ever other form of blood you want to reference.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
            He tries to present himself as a blokey easy-going salt-of-the-Earth type, but I've heard it said more than once by people who know him that he's an obnoxiously arrogant self-absorbed git, and totally impervious to any new ideas or suggestions.

When applied to Clarke, it seems that corny leopards and spots crack really is more than usually true!

(Although a Tory, I'd sooner vote for Beelzebub and his army of imps and demons than the Tories led by Clarke.)
            Well I have actually met him and that does not sound like the person I knew!

Comment

Working...
            X