• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Winter Holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want to join and post something saying, I recently parked on private land, it had private clamping signs and parking, but I thought it was OK. While walking away I tripped over a bollard that wasnt visible. Can I sue?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Just park outside some saddo's house in a posh bit of Cheshire

Wilmslllooooowww!!!

Comment

I have sympathy..

A couple of years ago I parked in a client underground car park. This was in a city centre and it had a small ramp leading to car park with notices warning it was private property and access was required 24/7. The next morning I came to get the car someone was parked on the ramp blocking the entrance/exit.
        I found a traffic cop and asked what I could do. He informed me that as the car was on private land I could have it towed off, I could smash the window and let the handbrake off, or I could let down the tyres (didnt really see the point of that). Apparently parking on private land removes a lot of your rights and puts them into the hands of the land owner.

I decided not to be so vindictive, and got him to hit it with a ticket, they can do that with permission form the land owner or their representative (me).

Wish I had it towed though....I arrived at 11 to pick up the car and it was 7pm before the barsteward left, I lost a day of my weekend to that a-hole.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          This idiot started it

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...n-clamped.html

Parked on the land behind me, got clamped and has been bleating about it.
          MF - So have you now jacked in your job and opened up another shop?

Comment

No still doing both

Comment

OK, so who's jaffa_cake77?
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

No idea, you fancy a little sTROLL cadet?

Comment

Already set off, i'll let you catch up
                  Last edited by Spacecadet; 16 September 2008, 12:47.
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

God they're a sanctimonius lot of freeloaders aren't they.

Comment

Why not put a sign up saying private property, Any cars left here are at owners risk. Then just plough a lorry into it?

"Sorry mate, didn't see anything"

HTH
                      l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Working...
                      X