• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Govt Minister resigns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Govt Minister resigns

After Downing Street has spent all day saying he would not resign, it was pretty much a given he would:

Scotland Office minister David Cairns has resigned from the government, Downing Street has confirmed.

Needless to say, the cabinet insist he is the right man for the job...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Get ready for a leadership battle, especially if Brown sinks at the party conference next week
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Former priest? How did he get a job? I'd have thought it was a bit too job-hopping, even for Politics?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
        Former priest? How did he get a job? I'd have thought it was a bit too job-hopping, even for Politics?
        People in glass houses..., my contracting friend...

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
          Contractor doing short-term and similar work; priest becomes politician. Nope. Don't see the slightest iota of similarity.

Comment

There are bishops in the House of Lords so we may as well have elected clergy in the House of Commons.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

even funnier is this little gem about Yvette Cooper taken from here. It really does say it all...

Ms Cooper, the Chief Secretary to the Treasury, recalls that as a 25-year-old she was suffering from ME and was "unable to work or get out of the flat much." Three years later, she was elected an MP.
              Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

She is still 'unable' to work.

Hang on. Is 'unable' the word I'm looking for ........
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
                  My job hasn't changed for the last 2 years. I've been a consultant at the same company all that time. Just my projects have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
                    Get ready for a leadership battle, especially if Brown sinks at the party conference next week
                    Isn't this a terrible time to take charge of Labour, you're effectively ending any chance to ever become PM aren't you? In these fickle days, if they don't fix everything in 6 months they'll be straight out...
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X