• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dragons Den

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by downsouth View Post
    well they must do or they wouldn't of got the bonus!!!!!
    No they mustn't (is this a new word?). Correct behavior for a good banker in this case would be to deposit this bonus into the bank they work into. They can buy Porsche from their own salary - asking for loan on that (Porsche) would be frowned upon.

SKA Bank in current market conditions would have been a safe heaven

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      No they mustn't (is this a new word?). Correct behavior for a good banker in this case would be to deposit this bonus into the bank they work into. They can buy Porsche from their own salary - asking for loan on that (Porsche) would be frowned upon.

Can't see that employer having a very good staff retention with those kind of rules and level of scrutiny. Sounds suspiciously like a communist state.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Get help. You're going potty.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Yet you'd sack people who spent their own money on a Porsche?
          I think this City pattern "get bonus and go splash it on Porsche" is a very good sign of employees who are risk to the bank.

It's simple really - obviously they want Porsche badly, so badly that they buy it straight away after they get bonus even though they should be aware that Porsche prices at that time would be at highest point, if they want Porsche the least they should do is wait until middle of next year or buy second hand from some idiot who splashed on it from other bank.

Now, I said that those guys want Porsches very badly. They needed bonus for that. So do you really think those guys won't put their bank at risk in order to hit their short term bonuses? Of course they would! That's where subprime crap is coming - in mid-2000 they would not find anything else to "earn" money on, so they went heavily into subprime, derivatives, anything to get their bonus to buy Porsche.

That's why I say categorically - any bank employee that blown his bonus on Porsche right after he gets it is a risk to the bank and should be fired immediately. Kopish?

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            Sounds suspiciously like a communist state.
            I don't think you even know what communist state is, have you lived in one to even have any right to mention it without putting those words in a question to someone who is by far more knoledgeable than you?

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Can't see that employer having a very good staff retention with those kind of rules and level of scrutiny. Sounds suspiciously like a communist state.
              You're right. Atw can't get rid of his deeply embedded subconscious belief in control that was fed to him in the early days. And he doesn't have the self-reflection to understand himself.
              As the Jesuits say: "Give me a child at 7 and I'll give you the man".
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I think this City pattern "get bonus and go splash it on Porsche" is a very good sign of employees who are risk to the bank.

It's simple really - obviously they want Porsche badly, so badly that they buy it straight away after they get bonus even though they should be aware that Porsche prices at that time would be at highest point, if they want Porsche the least they should do is wait until middle of next year or buy second hand from some idiot who splashed on it from other bank.

Now, I said that those guys want Porsches very badly. They needed bonus for that. So do you really think those guys won't put their bank at risk in order to hit their short term bonuses? Of course they would! That's where subprime crap is coming - in mid-2000 they would not find anything else to "earn" money on, so they went heavily into subprime, derivatives, anything to get their bonus to buy Porsche.

That's why I say categorically - any bank employee that blown his bonus on Porsche right after he gets it is a risk to the bank and should be fired immediately. Kopish?

Porsche?

How terribly common.

http://www.paganiautomobili.it/english.htm

Comment

omfg..are you starting to drool and froth at the mouth?

What happened to freedom of choice? I can spend MY salary on anything I like! End of.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    As the Jesuits say: "Give me a child at 7 and I'll give you the man".
                    Bloody peados.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                      I can spend MY salary on anything I like! End of.
                      Yes, salary.

But even this has got limits - if you are sniffing cocaine on your salary then you'd have to earn it in some other place, not my bank. Work in a bank should not be get-rich-quick scheme, it's hard stuff and clients should expect very good behavior from people who get paid their money.

The bank should be keeping their money safe - my rules would ensure that all risky employees go work for someone like Lehman Brothers, which is fine by me.

Comment

Working...
                      X