• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom coming soon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boom coming soon

Boom times ahead

I'm alright Jack

``I just don't see a long, protracted recession,'' Mobius, who manages about $40 billion in emerging market stocks, told the Super Return Asia conference in Hong Kong today. ``There is an opportunity to buy low right now and sell high in the next cycle.''

This kind of people crack me up.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      "The U.S. slowdown may be shorter than expected" - but then it could be longer?

Comment

``Investors shouldn't rush into the market as valuations are expected to come down further,'' Jean Eric Salata, chief executive officer of Baring Private Equity Asia, said at the conference. ``We haven't seen the worst of the downturn yet and the pace of investments will continue to slow because capital is very tight.''

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          ``This kind of people crack me up.
          Successful people?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Successful people?
            People who can't be trusted in my view yet they hold a very high office managing a lot of money.

If he truly believed the market is at low point to buy why is he sharing this information with the public that would (if they believe him) increase purchases and thus dent his profits? So, he is either an idiot or a liar. Which one do you think it is?

Comment

People who can't be trusted in my view yet they hold a very high office managing a lot of money.

If he truly believed the market is at low point to buy why is he sharing this information with the public that would (if they believe him) increase purchases and thus dent his profits? So, he is either an idiot or a liar. Which one do you think it is?
              He's crapping his Calvins and is doing his bit to gee-up the f--ked market... bless him.

Comment

Neither. And he's certainly a lot brighter than you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Mobius

HTH
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Neither. And he's certainly a lot brighter than you
                  So why is he trying to share his valuable information with the world, if he is neither a liar nor an idiot, then I presume he is a philantropist who wishes everyone to share the profits of his wisdom by investing into stock market at this particular point?

It does not matter if he is a Nobel Prize winner in this case - his public statement in my view has got only one clear intention - to get more sucker buyers into the falling market. The only rational explanation for this is that his fund bought out shares at much higher levels and he probably wishes he sold them earlier in the year so for every sucker that he gets into the market he will reduce his losses or maybe even make some profit.

Comment

So why is he trying to share his valuable information with the world, if he is neither a liar nor an idiot, then I presume he is a philantropist who wishes everyone to share the profits of his wisdom by investing into stock market at this particular point?

It does not matter if he is a Nobel Prize winner in this case - his public statement in my view has got only one clear intention - to get more sucker buyers into the falling market. The only rational explanation for this is that his fund bought out shares at much higher levels and he probably wishes he sold them earlier in the year so for every sucker that he gets into the market he will reduce his losses or maybe even make some profit.
                    I agree, assassin squirrel-fetish weirdo!

Comment

Working...
                    X