• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business banking if bank goes under

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business banking if bank goes under

If a bank goes under, I know that FSA/FSCS guarantee 100% of savers money on £35000 provided the bank is regulated by the FSA. Does the same apply to business bank accounts which contain large sums of money? It does not seem adequate to me. OK for a personal savings account but not for a business bank account.

Do you (or can we) hold multiple business bank accounts for your limited company to get around this?

texto

Originally posted by texto View Post
    If a bank goes under, I know that FSA/FSCS guarantee 100% of savers money on £35000 provided the bank is regulated by the FSA. Does the same apply to business bank accounts which contain large sums of money? It does not seem adequate to me. OK for a personal savings account but not for a business bank account.

Do you (or can we) hold multiple business bank accounts for your limited company to get around this?

texto
    Yes, businesses with turnovers below £1mln are covered.

You can hold as many bank accounts as you like.

Comment

Related to this - I see that Northern Rock are offering 5.11% for their Business Reserve account (minimum 10k deposit) - government backed. I think OG Ltd will be opening up one of those babies and reducing the sums in Cater Allen to the minimum to allow for month to month expenses.

Comment

Working...
      X