• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear™ - Mortgage lending in August

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remortgaged and was told I could have 4 times what I wanted to borrow.

I think the press are scaring the public into not trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Ramsbottom, Rayleigh says...
      7:07pm Thu 25 Sep 08
      Yes - he may be 30 and own a Lamborghini Gallardo, and million pound home and plans to retire at 30 but is he happy.....
      No, he's a miserable **** and spends most nights munching pot noodles whilst crying with the shame of it all
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post

You are right. Nobody's going to borrow at the moment to buy when they are being told that houise prices will be 50% of what they are now in a year's time. We are now at serious risk of deflation because we are talking ourselves into that scenario where everybody is looking for the good deal months into the future and not spending with the corresponding knock-on effects on jobs, businesses going bust etc.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post

Likewise, both myself and a number of colleagues have remortgaged recently with absolutely no problem and I am still getting the likes of HBOS ringing up trying to get me to take on a credit card with "super low rates" etc.

Whilst clearly their is a problem in the markets, I think the media love to hype up situations, after all bad news sells.

What I want to know is, what happened to:

Whales
          Dolphins stuck in fishing nets
          Bird flu pandemic
          starving african children
          AIDS plague
          global warming
          nuclear disarmanent
          natural fish stock depletion
          mad cow disease
          cloning dinosaurs
          panda's not mating

A couple of IB's go down and all the rest of the world's ills get pushed aside! Ruddy media!
          I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Working...
          X