Project / Programme Management: any tips for how to switch industries Project / Programme Management: any tips for how to switch industries
Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Super poster

MPwannadecentincome is a permanent contractor

Default Project / Programme Management: any tips for how to switch industries

The industry I am working in is suffering from a downturn (surprise surprise) and I have started applying for roles in other industries.

I have tried to write my covering letters in a way that highlight the skills I have that are transferable and I guess I need to do the same for my CV.

How have other people found switching industries, does anyone have any tips on this for Project / Programme Managers?

I know industry knowledge is important and I do not like to have the wool pulled over my eyes but is it really that difficult to switch or is it just a matter of persuading the agent or client that the Project Management skills are more important?

Banned

Bob Dalek is too good to be a permie

I have never really seen the need for covering letters; I always see the CV as the "stocking top" that tempts the pimps/Client.

Changing career path: tricky and too difficult to advise on (ha! like I know anything!) without knowing more, such as your PIN, sort code and bank account number. PM me.

I live on CUK

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Well we're building 2 new shinny aircraft carriers and the there not likely to be shelved any time soon given the state of the world.

Banned

Bob Dalek is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    I have never really seen the need for covering letters; I always see the CV as the "stocking top" that tempts the pimps/Client.

Changing career path: tricky and too difficult to advise on (ha! like I know anything!) without knowing more, such as your PIN, sort code and bank account number. PM me.
    To all:

If I ask for you to PM me your Bank Account details, PINs, etc., please don't actually PM me! I am just having my little joke. Thank you.

Godlike

El_Diablo has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    To all:

If I ask for you to PM me your Bank Account details, PINs, etc., please don't actually PM me! I am just having my little joke. Thank you.
    That boy go raaaaaaa
    Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting