Tories Tories
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Tories

Double Godlike!

Spacecadet is a permanent contractor

Default Tories

Both the BBC (panorama) and channel 4 (dispatches) seem to be showing anti-conservative programmes at the same time!

Super poster

HeliCraig has no reputation

Hummm... not surprising really. They are a bunch of devious toads at the best of times.

The sad thing is the others are all the same!!

Double Godlike!

Bagpuss is good enough for Jehovah!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Both the BBC (panorama) and channel 4 (dispatches) seem to be showing anti-conservative programmes at the same time!
    Is the BBC one really anti Conservative? Looks like a party political broadcast to me
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Banned

Cyberman has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by HeliCraig View Post
    Hummm... not surprising really. They are a bunch of devious toads at the best of times.

The sad thing is the others are all the same!!

I'll go for the one's that can run an economy and keep my taxes down. That definitely excludes the current incumbents. Hopefully the Tories will be left with an economy to run.

Double Godlike!

Spacecadet is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Is the BBC one really anti Conservative? Looks like a party political broadcast to me
    only watched it for a couple of mins
    Jeremy Vine is the most irritating **** in current affairs TV
    and it looked tedious
    watched dispatches instead

Super poster

HeliCraig has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    I'll go for the one's that can run an economy and keep my taxes down. That definitely excludes the current incumbents. Hopefully the Tories will be left with an economy to run.
    Hmm yes, the tories, always to be trusted with an economy facing recession. Should I point out that Thatcher increased taxes in 1981 in the midst of a fully blown recession, in order to get inflation down from 18% to 8%; we won't mention the unemployment - or the fact she sold everything off to get herself out of the mess.

Oh yes... where do I put my X to get that shower back in power?

Mind you, as I said, the current lot are not a great deal better! There should be an "abstain" vote which gets rid of the lot!!!

Lord of the Vectras

VectraMan - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I saw the guy running a building firm saying that 40% corporation tax makes it almost impossible for them to make a profit.

Dave looked confused at that too.

I don't know about anybody else, but as I'd rather see the back of New Labour I don't want to watch anything about The Conservatives in case I find out they're equally useless. I'd rather know nothing about them or their policies and vote for them on the basis of being not Labour.

Super poster

PAH is good enough for Jehovah!

Quote Originally Posted by VectraMan View Post
    I saw the guy running a building firm saying that 40% corporation tax makes it almost impossible for them to make a profit.

Maybe that's why they're brickies and not accountants. I suppose he meant income tax, but only greedy fools get clobbered for 40%!

As for who's better, Labour or Conservative, it's like asking who makes the better soup when all they can do is stir the pot.

Double Godlike!

Bagpuss is good enough for Jehovah!

Cameron is trying to be all things to all people.
    -No we won't reduce benefits
    -No we won't cut spending on the NHS

There won't be a massive difference from New Labour if they keep their promises. A little less meddling in peoples lives, a bit more small business friendly. That will be the only 'major' difference
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 29th September 2008 at 21:04.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Godlike

expat has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    1. Any government that thinks it can actually run an economy is certifiable.
    2. There is more to do than run the economy. If I did nothing but make money, my life would be a wasted life (-- Charlie Munger). If the government does nothing but "run" (i.e. not ruin) the economy, and keep your taxes down, then it stands condemned for not doing any of the important things that government is actually for.

Everybody else knows that, and you won't admit it, so why do I bother?