• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Frenchman fails to cycle across English Channel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a look at the guys propellers (starting around half way through clip). I'm sure he has sound reasons why his propellers appear to flap around in every direction randomly, but despite this, consistent forward motion looks to be an elusive goal. To infinity and beyond!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09...adwind_defeat/

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Take a look at the guys propellers (starting around half way through clip). I'm sure he has sound reasons why his propellers appear to flap around in every direction randomly, but despite this, consistent forward motion looks to be an elusive goal. To infinity and beyond!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09...adwind_defeat/
    can't watch the clip at work but i saw the guy on tv...
    is this the video of him demonstrating it in a hanger?
    I thought he was using the propellers for propulsion and steering, the way they were moving around was to keep him on the same spot, just spin round
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

French Surrender Monkey.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        can't watch the clip at work but i saw the guy on tv...
        is this the video of him demonstrating it in a hanger?
        I thought he was using the propellers for propulsion and steering, the way they were moving around was to keep him on the same spot, just spin round
        Yeah, propeller steering would explain the odd propeller directions. He was having trouble with higher than expected wind in the Channel and was perhaps also getting bit frustrated by this before opting to try a point each propeller in random directions strategy. Great eccentric stunt though.

Comment

He might have moved if that guy hadn't been hanging on the the guyline
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

la Manche

Shirely?

Comment

Working...
            X