• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rates falling like an anvil down a well

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
    most IB's really need a strong back end in these troubling times...
    Is that because they're all sh!tting themselves?

IGMC!!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      Is that because they're all sh!tting themselves?

IGMC!!!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
        ... "£160 a day"

I can't find it, but someone reported spotting an ad for 125 a day which explicitaly stated they would consider someone that needed a work permit.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I can't find it, but someone reported spotting an ad for 125 a day which explicitaly stated they would consider someone that needed a work permit.
          I've heard they are asking around in the cafeteria if any of the polish workers know there way round a PC

IGMC

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            You'll always find ads like that regardless of the stage in the economic cycle. It's just parasitic pimps trying it on...
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I've just phoned my young pal (CUK is banned at his current place of work)

This is the role.

I'm so glad I don't do this any more!
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

£125-£250/Day
                thats not a huge gap is it?
                who are they kiddin

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  I've just phoned my young pal (CUK is banned at his current place of work)

This is the role.

I'm so glad I don't do this any more!
                  Thats wierd because I know for a fact that Hays IT are billing the NHS trust for web developers at £600 a day. They must be making a huge wack on commission.
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                    You'll always find ads like that regardless of the stage in the economic cycle. It's just parasitic pimps trying it on...

Just had a quick check of our system for current rates (I mainly place BA/PM's - so checked with my colleagues. Recent Java/C# A/P roles have had rates between £400 and £525 per day.

Tester contracts going for between £350 and £450 per day.

Support stuff around £250 to £325 per day

Worth noting that the majority of these roles were for financial institutions so hiring manager's favoured candidates with financial instruments experience.
                    I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                      Probably pimps just trying it on. If no-one takes it they'll go for the real rate next week. ...
                      Plenty of people will take it though, for the chance to get some IB experience, if they can wing it in the interview with the presumably limited experience they already have.

I'd go for it for three months if I was looking (and knew Java). Might even have tried anyway, and wing the Java - There must be plenty of "interview question" sites one could intensively mug up on for a couple of days before the interview.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X