• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pots and kettles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find myself liking the new m3, but I also fear I might stop indicating. Surely you can get them on the options list?

I must be getting old

darmstadt
    Maybe it's just a UK thing, many drivers seem to think it's better to swerve infront of traffic unexectedly than indicate, It must be the element of suprise approach.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 6 October 2008, 21:43.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      BMW driver just don't indicate which is handy for knocking down children crossing roads or causing motorway pile ups. Turbo diesel drivers tend to be the worst behaved motorists of course many of those are BMW drivers too, including that ugly little one.
      My driving is exemplary, you cheeky barsteward.
      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

I...... Surely you can get them on the options list?
        Yeah they are there right next to the optional "off" switch for the fog lights and the optional "off" switch for the giant electro magnet behind the radiator grille.

Comment

Maybe it's just a UK thing, many drivers seem to think it's better to swerve infront of traffic unexectedly than indicate, It must be the element of suprise approach.
          Its the insecurity that all BMW drivers feel that, should they indicate, people would close the gap to stop them "getting in front"

Much like BMW drivers do
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

On the motorway...If someone indicates to pull out I tend to drop back and let them out. If they dive into my 2 second gap unexpectedly, I have to brake, the car behind probably brakes, it might even start a phantom traffic jam. It's not rocket science that indicators have a purpose! grrrrrrrrrrr

Not indicating in urban areas is a real danger, to pedestrians especially. You look to cross a side road, the car isn't indicating to turn into the road you are crossing, so you cross!

On a rounabout you sit waiting for a car that was going to turn off before your exit, another congestion causer.

It's such a simple thing to do!
            End of rant!
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 6 October 2008, 21:57.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Not indicating in urban areas is a real danger, to pedestrians especially. You look to cross a side road, the car isn't indicating to turn into the road you are crossing, so you cross!

On a rounabout you sit waiting for a car that was going to turn off before your exit, another congestion causer.

It's such a simple thing to do!
              End of rant!
              I totally agree - I can't believe the number of terry ossers who don't bother to indicate if there are only pedestrians around - don't they ever walk anywhere (obviously not!)? Whilst I'm about it I was nearly mowed down by one of London's fine bus drivers running a red light earlier - it had been red for so long the green man was in my favour, but his empty bus was more important.

Comment

Working...
              X