• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices - Crash?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucifer Box: I bought my house for cash also, but have you noticed, but not to upset the neighbours you have to talk about mortgages and interest rates?

It is bad enough with having a collection of quite fast cars, but rubbing it in with the "no mortgage" thingy is pushing it...
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Yes, it is true. I have found myself pretending to show an interest in a neighbourly discussion about house prices - eventually the glazed eyes tend to give it away and someone say, "oh, I forgot, you don't have a mortgage do you?". That seems to make you some sort of social pariah in some places.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Bought my house for cash too.

Then I ate the vendor.
        At least you didn't eat the house.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          No.

But I was installing a fiendishly clever piece of technology from Lidl (the store not the planet), namely a cheapo free to air satellite system, and discovered that my wall ties really really really do need doing.

The cracks look much more alarming from close up.
          When they're big enough to crawl into, that's the time to worry!
          Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
          You know you'll need us!

Comment

Working...
          X