• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

El'Cheapo Ski Holiday - Suggestions Please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

El'Cheapo Ski Holiday - Suggestions Please

Hi guys,

im sure lots of you have gone skiing in and around Europe. I could use some advice.

1) For new skiers, where would be the best place to go? I have skied before (10 years ago!!!! ), it will be a first for my wife/others.
    2) I could do a city break in 2 days, however, how long would I need for a ski trip to make it worth while?

3) Assuming there are just 2 of us, can you recommend places to go?
    4) And assuming there are 6-10 of us going, can you recommend places to go?

The cheaper the better.

Thanks all
    TM

Erm, the Travel agents forum is that way ------------>

What the fook do you think we are?
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

http://www.snowdome.co.uk/

Comment

HTH
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          Erm, the Travel agents forum is that way ------------>

What the fook do you think we are?
          Bunch of people who have probably skiied a lot?

TM

Comment

Originally posted by themistry View Post
            Hi guys,

im sure lots of you have gone skiing in and around Europe. I could use some advice.

1) For new skiers, where would be the best place to go? I have skied before (10 years ago!!!! ), it will be a first for my wife/others.
            2) I could do a city break in 2 days, however, how long would I need for a ski trip to make it worth while?

3) Assuming there are just 2 of us, can you recommend places to go?
            4) And assuming there are 6-10 of us going, can you recommend places to go?

The cheaper the better.

Thanks all
            TM
            Andora, if there is snow. Ski schools are taught by English instructors. probably the cheapest place in Europe outside of Bulgaria. Iglooski usually have some good late deals.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Cheap to get to (Flights to Geneva), easy to book a cheap place for a weekend (That's a big issue most resorts) and guaranteed good snow with a good range of ability levels - Chamonix.

Good party town as well.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by themistry View Post
                Bunch of people who have probably skiied a lot?

TM
                Guilty as charged but I do not do cheap. Only some sad miserable excuse for a contractor would know (or want to know) about "cheap" holidays.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I always do "cheap" or rather VFM because I is tight.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                    Guilty as charged but I do not do cheap. Only some sad miserable excuse for a contractor would know (or want to know) about "cheap" holidays.
                    I need to make it affordable for my other travellers

Comment

Working...
                    X