• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Icelandic petition 'We Are not terroists'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Although your post was I do think that GB has treated the Icelandic banks disgracefully
    Yep, putting all that taxpayers’ money was particularly cruel.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Although your post was I do think that GB has treated the Icelandic banks disgracefully
      Why ?

They were about to go under and we grabbed the money unlike with BCCI were the yanks grabbed the money and the UK account holders got nowt.

I know Cybertory thinks Northern Crock were a going concern flush with spare cash but with both this shower of tulip and the Icelandic banks they had had it with or without GB.

Comment

If the Icelanders can be forced to provide us all with free cod for the rest of our lives I’m sure we could iron out any diplomatic difficulties.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
          Agreed my grammer was poor
          I'm gonna assume your error here was on purpose.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
            Why ?

They were about to go under and we grabbed the money unlike with BCCI were the yanks grabbed the money and the UK account holders got nowt.

I know Cybertory thinks Northern Crock were a going concern flush with spare cash but with both this shower of tulip and the Icelandic banks they had had it with or without GB.
            Because Iceland is a member of NATO and an ally of the British. They are a very pro British nation. Using anti terror legislation to conduct a knee jerk reaction is appalling (and I hope all you who favour ID cards are looking at this). What Brown did was to effectively bankcrupt Iceland. No attempt oir little attempt has been made to discuss matters and find a way through the problem.
            Brown is a Clunking fist Bully who would not have done this to a bank of a larger more powerful nation.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Because Iceland is a member of NATO and an ally of the British. They are a very pro British nation. Using anti terror legislation to conduct a knee jerk reaction is appalling (and I hope all you who favour ID cards are looking at this). What Brown did was to effectively bankcrupt Iceland. No attempt oir little attempt has been made to discuss matters and find a way through the problem.
              Brown is a Clunking fist Bully who would not have done this to a bank of a larger more powerful nation.
              Agreed that it was typical NuLabour bullying to use terrorism legislation, but that’s what they do to everybody these days; remember Walter Wolfgang?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Agreed that it was typical NuLabour bullying to use terrorism legislation, but that’s what they do to everybody these days; remember Walter Wolfgang?
                Just because the legislation used has the word terrorism in its title does not mean it was used against terrorists (though I think it was anti terror clauses that were used). That is just bluster from Icelandic ministers to gain sympathy and throw the trail off them.
                The freeze on assets was only announced after Iceland announced it would not be protecting foreign money in its banks and that it would be defaulting on loans it had with other countries.
                Hardly the actions of a friendly ally with good intentions.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                  Just because the legislation used has the word terrorism in its title does not mean it was used against terrorists (though I think it was anti terror clauses that were used). That is just bluster from Icelandic ministers to gain sympathy and throw the trail off them.
                  The freeze on assets was only announced after Iceland announced it would not be protecting foreign money in its banks and that it would be defaulting on loans it had with other countries.
                  Hardly the actions of a friendly ally with good intentions.
                  So if they give us all their fishing rights it’ll all be alright?

Oh, and perhaps some free electricity from their geothermal generators; they can borrow the money to pay for the cable..

Comment

Why don't they launch a petition on the number-10 site?

Comment

I would happily support using terror legislation to grab thieving bastards like Richard Fuld who took huge bonuses while bankrupting their employers and thoroughly fooking the world’s economy. Maybe it’s time for Britain to use ‘extraordinary rendition’ tactics to drag irresponsible bank directors off to some Grottistan with no human rights and give them a bit of ‘enhanced interrogation’.

Comment

Working...
                      X