• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Praise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Although they'd then get snowed under by email from a multitude of shoddy contractors, and start Naming and Blaming you

Probably best to keep it to yourself, and count your blessings
    Please could you give an agency reference to continue using CUK (it's the law, don't ya know...)
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
      Praise, my soul, the King of heaven, to his feet your tribute bring...
      Excellent - one of the few old-school hymns we do in my church
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
        ooh i love that one alf. one of lennon's finest.

i shall try and learn to play it today.
        What excellent taste DS23 - if I may be so bold as to say so.

Perhaps you alrady know the basic chords - I like to play this on my good old Echo 12 string - my tip - when you play the middle section (starting ont the E minor - 'The King Of Marigold ...)

... play the e-minor at the seventh fret ie A string seventh fret and D string 9th fret - then as the chorus desends move from D9th fret to D8th fret then D7 fret then D7 before you move on to the C7 - 'Of the King' then that emphatic G to resolve .

Can you take me back where are people, can you take me back
        Can you take me back where are people, brother can you take me back
        Can you take me back?
        Oh can you take me where are people, can you take me back?

NumberNine-NumberNine-NumberNine ...

Hope the above makes sense !!

Revel in your Time DS23
        Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 24 October 2008, 10:23.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
          ....my tip - when you play the middle section (starting ont the E minor - 'The King Of Marigold ...) ... play the e-minor at the seventh fret ie A string seventh fret and D string 9th fret - then as the chorus desends move from D9th fret to D8th fret then D7 fret then D7 before you move on to the C7 - 'Of the King' then that emphatic G to resolve .

[/I]
          it does sir alf. the em is somewhat stale there by itself all that time. i'm not completely convinced with you're route but i see what you say. i got it and i got it good! gimme a while to listen and tinker and i'll let you know!

thanks for the tip - if i had a dish i'd lick it!

Comment

Working...
          X